nhl playoffs

Contributor

nhl playoffs

why are the st louis/chg playiff games blacked out in the kansas city area.  kansas city is on the west side of missouri, we have no access to st louis tv stations

Message 1 of 9 (795 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: nhl playoffs

[ Edited ]

30kenny wrote:

why are the st louis/chg playiff games blacked out in the kansas city area.  kansas city is on the west side of missouri, we have no access to st louis tv stations

I just checked, and you are correct. Normally when the Blues are on television, they are seen on Fox Sports Midwest St. Louis and Fox Sports Midwest Kansas City.

Perhaps the Royals were on the main Fox Sports Midwest Kansas City feed, while the Blues were on one of the alternate channels.

The blackout map for the NHL shows that Kansas City is part of the Blues RSN territory.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3310263/NHL_TV_Markets.jpg

I hope that someone has an answer why you are not seeing the Blues tonight.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 9 (771 Views)

The game was on NBCSports last night. When it's a nationally televised game the local RSN will be blacked out.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 3 of 9 (723 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

[ Edited ]

oufanindallas wrote:

The game was on NBCSports last night. When it's a nationally televised game the local RSN will be blacked out.

I watched the last few minutes of the game on Fox Sports Midwest St. Louis. Was the NBCSports feed available in St. Louis, too, since it was a nationally televised game?

Now the question still remains, why couldn't the OP watch it on Fox Sports Midwest Kansas City when it is normally on that channel? The Blues are not blacked out on Fox Sports Midwest Kansas City because I see the Fox Sports Midwest St. Louis feed on that channel most of the times the Blues play.

Maybe there is a difference in the rules between Fox Sports Midwest St. Louis and Fox Sports Midwest Kansas City when it comes to national feeds.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 9 (717 Views)
Scholar

The KC Royals were playing last night, so it probably was shifted to an alternate channel.

Message 5 of 9 (687 Views)
ACE - Professor

bri_man_65 wrote:

The KC Royals were playing last night, so it probably was shifted to an alternate channel.

That is what I thought happened, too. The Blues were on the main Fox Sports Midwest St. Louis feed (748 and 1748) while the Cardinals were on alternate 691 and 1691.

Message 6 of 9 (683 Views)
Mentor

I know here in Columbus, Fox Sports Ohio has been airing the BlueJackets playoff games so far.  All of the broadcasts on NBCSN have been blacked out. 

Message 7 of 9 (658 Views)
ACE - Professor

gcotton69 wrote:

I know here in Columbus, Fox Sports Ohio has been airing the BlueJackets playoff games so far.  All of the broadcasts on NBCSN have been blacked out. 

Then I would assume that the Blues were blacked out last night on NBCSN, too. The OP probably missed the game because it was on the Fox Sports Midwest Kansas City alternate channel.

Message 8 of 9 (654 Views)
Expert

That could be the case.  The OP said it was blacked out, but did not say what channel in was blacked out on.

Message 9 of 9 (632 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.