Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 17, 2013
10:00:05 AM
new u-verse install with 3rd party router

Big week for us at the office.   We are  switching from DSL to U-verse on Tuesday.   I don't know what type of gateway the technician will install.  From the limited reading I've done here and my limited knowlegde, I'm considering configuring  "my third party router (rv016 wired only Cisco) to be sure it is not using the same subnet for its LAN as the gateway (anything but 192.168.1.xxx)."

Would this be a reasonable preparation step ? I'd like to have things as ready as possible for the technician.

Big week for us at the office.   We are  switching from DSL to U-verse on Tuesday.   I don't know what type of gateway the technician will install.  From the limited reading I've done here and my limited knowlegde, I'm considering configuring  "my third party router (rv016 wired only Cisco) to be sure it is not using the same subnet for its LAN as the gateway (anything but 192.168.1.xxx)."

Would this be a reasonable preparation step ? I'd like to have things as ready as possible for the technician.

new u-verse install with 3rd party router

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2013 10:03:51 AM
(0)
Expert
Yes, if you intend to use the Cisco behind the U-Verse gateway, it should be on a subnet that the U-Verse gateway will not be using.
Yes, if you intend to use the Cisco behind the U-Verse gateway, it should be on a subnet that the U-Verse gateway will not be using.

Re: new u-verse install with 3rd party router

2 of 3 (515 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2013 12:34:37 PM
(0)
Tutor

Ok thanks. I was able to get that done.   Sure hope things go smooth as it takes place in the middle of our business hours with business activities set aside to get  u-verse up and running.  I  send a follow up to let you know how it goes.

Ok thanks. I was able to get that done.   Sure hope things go smooth as it takes place in the middle of our business hours with business activities set aside to get  u-verse up and running.  I  send a follow up to let you know how it goes.

Re: new u-verse install with 3rd party router

3 of 3 (497 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments