Ask a question

Posted Jul 21, 2013
8:37:24 AM
View profile
need help with u-verse internet nvg510

My Internet connection keeps being dropped, I had At&t high speed dsl(had no problem) and upgraded to U-verse high speed adsl. I have the Motorola nvg510 modem( the tech. that installed it said I'll just love this! it is faster and very reliable), I have had a tech. here to fix the connection problem 2 times(most of the time it does it from 8 :30pm to 8:00am) disconnects than reconnects over and over and sometime even during the day. The tech. checked everything (he said), ran a dedicated line, checked connection at pole, said he had buried something but I could not find anything buried, I called him the third time(he left a voice message on our answering machine)saying he had someone looking into it and might have to change out the modem, the someone(he had looking into the problem) had told him that it sounds like a line interference problem outside!, It has been over 3 weeks now and no improvement, no new modem and no return call. I pay most of my bills online, I have a small business and do alot of it online, I am very disappointed in the service I am receiving and I am thinking very hard of switching my internet provider to my local cable provider if this problem can not be resolved.  SINCERELY SPARKYS  (HELPPPP!!)

need help with u-verse internet nvg510

11 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
View profile
Jul 21, 2013 7:14:38 PM
(0)
N/A

Are you actually losing sync on the modem (broadband light not solid green) or are you just getting the redirect page about missing DSL filter/line issues?

Re: need help with u-verse internet nvg510

2 of 12 (997 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2013 1:12:47 AM
(0)
Tutor

I AM LOSING THE SOLID GREEN SERVICE LIGHT, THEN THE BROADBAND GREEN LIGHT GOES OUT AND STARTS BLINKING RED AND  THEN BLINKING GREEN, SOMETIMES IT GOES SOLID RED WITH NO SERVICE LIGHT AT ALL, I HAVE TO RESTART,REBOOT,UNPLUG IT,DISCONNECT THE DSL LINE AND RECONNECT IT, SOMETIMES IT TURNS SOLID GREEN AND THE SERVICE LIGHT STARTS FLASHING RED, THEN SOLID RED AND STAYS RED,THEN IT WILL RESTART ALL OVER AGAIN, SOMETIMES IT WILL GO SOLID GREEN AND DISPLAY THE REDIRECT PAGE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. THEN I WILL FINALLY GET TO MY HOME PAGE(MAYBE) IF IT STAYS CONNECTED LONG ENOUGH , THEN IT STARTS ALL OVER AGAIN, THIS HAPPENS MOSTLY AFTER DARK UNTIL SUNRISE BUT SOMETIMES IT LASTS ALL DAY LONG, SOMETIMES IF I TURN OFF THE WIRELESS IT WILL STAY ON LONGER BUT IT WILL LOSE CONNECTION AGAIN AND START ALL OVER.                                                            Thank You Very Much For the Reply!

3 of 12 (981 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2013 5:17:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Jul 22, 2013 at 5:20:53 AM

Call CS and tell them your RG is dying.  I went through 3 RGs in 2 days.  The last tech said that most of the RGs are refurbished and there's a high probablity that they are defective.

The good news is that the last one I got has been working like a champ.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 12 (971 Views)
(0)
View profile
Jul 22, 2013 1:30:04 PM
(0)
N/A

The NVG510s shouldn't be refurbs since they are purchased by the customer and not leased, so when they are swapped they normally get disposed of rather than returned to a refurb center. But it does sound like you may have a bad modem, but could also be an intermittent line issue. 

5 of 12 (944 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2013 4:06:26 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for the reply!, I could not stay connected long enough to reply back until today(7/27/13), I contacted CS and have a scheduled RS for (7/28/13) between 8A.M. and 8P.M.. Strange to have them come on Sunday but I'll take it!. About the refurbished RG's(I paid for a new one !!, it should not be a repaired one) Thanks again. 

6 of 12 (913 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2013 4:28:44 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for the reply!!,  I agree with your comment on the NVg510!, (I paid for a new install not a used one)..I do not know if the problem is a bad RG or a Intermittent Line Issue but I'm extremely upset about paying for a service I can not even use!!. I called CS and have a scheduled another Service Repair on (7/28/13) between 8A.M. and 8P.M.. It seems very strange to have a Tech. come on a SUNDAY but I'll take it. I still have not heard back from the Tech from the first 3 tries to repair my Uverse internet( the guy he has looking into the problem must have gotten lost or something)Ha, Ha, (JUST TRYING TO HAVE A SENSE OR HUMOR ABOUT THE WHOLE THING),  Sorry for taking so long to reply back but I could not stay connected long enough until today(7/27/13)

7 of 12 (910 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 6:01:57 AM
(0)
Contributor

Good luck on getting any help from att&t i had the district manager out here and he didnt know how to do anything he told me its the electrical wirirng brought his own wirless router to bypass the motorola didnt know how to do that he didnt even know what a white list is at&t tells me they wont do anything for because they say its normal for wireless to drop all the time  the most useless company ever i even contacted the office of the president and they wont do anythging for me have had modem replaced 3 times AND NOW I AM CHANGING INTERNET PROVIDERS THANKS FOR THE YEAR AND A HALF OF WASTEING MY MONEY AT&T

8 of 12 (860 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2013 9:54:40 AM
(0)
Administrator
@sparkys  How did the tech visit go? Was the issue resolved? 

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

9 of 12 (827 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 12:52:10 AM
(0)
Tutor

HELLO,  Well the Tech showed up earlly sunday morning, He said that they had been montoring my connection for 4 hours and no drops, Strange enoungh that was true, Ever since I had called the CS(almost 4 days before) and arranged for the repair, my service did not drop!!,just acouple times at about 1-2am(very strange), He looked over the connections at the box on the house and said that the previous Tech. had installed a filter there!. I told him that he did not remove the ones that were installed at the jacks(He was surprised at that and said that would cause major connection problems),I moved all furnature and removed the filters my self. He asked if the other Tech, had changed out the RG(which he had not), so he changed out the RG with another one!, Everything good until that evening and it all started again, not as bad but still dropping connections, resetting,on for alittle bit and dropping connections again. The Tech. gave me a number(he said it was for his manager)and to call him as soon as I had any problems)and they would be out to fix it asap, I tried to call the number(could not connect, it is a long distance number and he did not give me a area code), so I am back just about where I started, but I do Have a new RG, I am going to try this one more time and call CS for repair service, IF it can't be repaired I will be cancelling and going to another provider!!, can't afford this anymore!!  THANKS ALOT FOR YOUR REPLY 

10 of 12 (807 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 7:01:01 AM
(0)
Administrator

Oh no @sparkys  I'm so sorry to hear the problem is still occuring.  Send us a private message by clicking here. We have a great team of experts who will gladly try to help.  Please include your full name, address, account number, contact information and the best time you can be reached. 

We'll do what we can. 

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

11 of 12 (797 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2013 4:09:05 AM
(0)
Tutor

I sent all information that you requested to the click here lint on your last reply post!. I hope that your team can fix this problem!, the Tech's for C.S. do not seem to know what the problem is or just do not care.  Should I call C.S. and schedule another service repair request as I was going to do before your last reply post ATTJulieCS?. Thanks, sparkys

12 of 12 (765 Views)