Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 11, 2013
3:29:52 PM
need REAL assistance/service/help from someone above the executive escalation team

Hello- I would like an email address and contact phone # to a direct person who’s position is above the “executive escalation team” that I can speak regarding my issue with billing. No one seems to understand that when a rate is offered it should be honored. I have emailed over 30 TIMES regarding this issue and it has yet to be properly resolved.  The last few weeks not an email was answered not even a confirmation of receipt and my posting on the AT&T page on facebook were also ignored. I love the cable but the customer service is terrible and blaming the customer because you feel the discount was excessive is ridiculous. I was offered the rate via email by an AT&T employee and would be a fool not to have taken it.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Email sent 8/20/13:

I was give a set rate of $39.00 a month for 6 months and $49.00 for the 6 months following that. This was due to it taking over 2 weeks to install my cable. My wifi rate has also increased. If you take a look at my billing history that has not been honored and I have to continuously call into the most incompetent customer service I have ever had the displeasure to encounter. No one knows anything I hold for over an hour every time I call, am cold transferred (to another person who says their department doesn't handle it) at least 3 to 6 times per call and have to re-verify my information, am told things will be resolved and they never are. I have had to send back a faulty DVR and have had to have a tech come out more than once. Also, I have to reboot my wireless cable box at least 2 to 3 times a week because it has lost connection to the server. I had AT&T in the past and really liked it, but not now. I am not sure what has changed but my experience this time has been horrible and I will not recommend it to anyone and am looking into changing providers. Please adjust all previous bills that I was charged more than $39.00 (THROUGH MAY) and $49.00 (from May - present). Also, please refund all reconnection fee that were not correctly charge. I will also be sending a letter to the BB and posting on Yelp so others are aware of how AT&T conducts business.

I HAVE FILED A COMPAINT WITH THE BBB Case#27320257

Here is the response to the claims made by AT&T:

THIS ISSUE HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED.  PLEASE SEE BELOW. I HAVE COPIES OF EMAILS, BILLS, AND SCREENS SHOTS OF EVERYTHING I AM STATING AS FACT BELOW.

“Ms. Aiello issues were resolved on previous cases. On 08/26/13, an AT&T case worker spoke with Ms. Aiello, who asked not to speak to AT&T and wanted her reply sent via email.” ***

–THE ABOVE STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE. ONE AT&T REPRESENTATIVE CONTACTED ME AND ASKED WHAT MY PROBLEM WAS, I ASKED HIM TO REVIEW MY EMAILS FIRST AND THEN RESPOND TO ME. NO ONE CONTACTED ME AFTER THAT. THE ISSUE WAS NEVER RESOLVED AND I HAVE OVER 10 EMAILS THAT I SENT TO “DAN G” ASKING THAT SOMEONE HELP ME, ALONG WITH HIS RESPONSES BACK THAT HE HAS FORWARD THIS INFORMATION AND SOMEONE WILL BE IN CONTACT WITH ME. I ALSO, HAVE 2 EMAILS WHERE I ASKED FOR HIS SUPERVISOR’S INFORMATION, THE PERSON WHO IS SUPPOSE TO CONTACT ME’S INFORMATION, AND THEIR SUPERVISOR’S CONTACT INFORMATION- BOTH THOSE REQUEST WERE NEVER RESPONDED TO. (I HAVE SAVED ALL THE EMAILS AND CAN SUBMIT IF NECESSARY) . I WAS CONTACTED I BELIEVE BY TELEPHONE NOT BY EMAIL AS PER MY REQUEST 9/16/13 BY A REPRESENTITIVE WHILE DRIVING WHERE SHE TOLD ME I WAS NOT OVERCHARGED. I ARGUED THAT I WAS AND DID NOT HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION ON ME AS I WAS DRIVING BUT I WAS NOT QUOTED WHAT SHE WAS SAYING I WAS. SHE SAID THEY AREN’T GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING AND SHE WOULD SENT ME A SUMMARY, I INFORMED HER THAT I DID NOT NEED ONE AS I HAVE COPIES OF MY BILLS AND THAT WOULD NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM. SHE SAID THAT WAS ALL SHE COULD DO.

TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE OF WHAT I AM BEING CHARGED. I AM SUPPOSED TO BE BILLED. I HAVE AN EMAIL FROM “CATE I” FROM NOVEMBER 14TH, 2012 WHERE I INFORM HER I HAVE A RATE FROM COX FOR $42.49 PER MONTH THAT IS COMPARIABLE WITH U-VERSE  450 INCLUDING EQUIPMENT. ON NOVEMBER 19TH, 2012 “CATE I” RESPONDS:

Great, I’m glad everything went well with the tech! I checked on your account and it was set up for $66/month plus taxes/fees. I’ve updated that to be $39.00/month plus taxes/fees so that we can beat the offer from Cox. One of the promotions I added expires in 6 months so your bill will increase by $10 in 6 months. The other promotions are 12 months. Email or call me when you get your bill if you have any questions, ok?

Thank you, I really appreciate your patience with the installation and I’m glad this got going in time for Thanksgiving!

Cate I

AT&T Social Media

****PER AT&T’S WBSITE  U-VERSE 450 HAS 440 CHANNELS INCLUDING MOVIES CHANNELS ALL IN HD (HBO, ENCORE, STARS, SHOWTIME, CINEMAX, TMC, REELZ, AMC, FX, TCM, LMD, TNT,  MOVIEPLEX, FLIX, THE MOVIE CHANNEL, IFC, SUNDANCE) *****

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT PROMOTIONS EXPIRE OR I WAS ISSUED. THEIR REPRESENTITIVE MADE AN OFFER IN WRITING THAT I ACCEPTED U-VERSE 450 (INCLUDING EQUIPMENT) FOR $39.99 FOR 6 MONTHS AND $49.99 FOR THE REMAINING 6 MONTHS WITH OUT CONDITION.

AS FAR AS ANY DISCONNECTION FEES, RESTORAL CHARGES, ETC- I WAS NEVER CHARGED THE CORRECT AMOUNT AND WAS NOT GOING TO PAY MORE THAN I OWE AND WAS IN CONTACT WITH PEOPLE IN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT TO CORRECT THAT. IF THEY HAD CHARGED ME THE CORRECT AMOUNT I WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO PAY ON TIME INSTEAD OF WAITING FOR THE HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE TO CORRECT THINGS.

ALSO THERE WAS NEVER A BROKEN PROMISE MADE REGARDING PAYMENT IN MARCH OF 2013, I HAVE AN EMAIL I SENT TO “CATE I’ IN MARCH INFORMING HER MY RATE WAS INCORRECT AND WAS TOLD IT WAS BECAUSE MY AUTOPAY WAS DENIED. I NEVER AUTHORIZED AUTOPAY, AS I DO NOT TRUST COMPANIES (I WONDER WHY) AND CAN MAKE THE PAYMENT MYSELF)

ALSO, AT&T IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RUNNING OF THE 2 DEBITS THAT WERE RETURN (1 AUTHORIZED 1 NOT CAUSING BOTH TO BOUNCE) AS, I HAVE SPOKE WITH MY BANK THOSE CHARGES WERE SUBMITTED BY AT&T AND IT IS NOT BANK OF AMERICA’S POLICY TO RE-RUN DEBITS. I AM IN CONTACT WITH THEIR CORPORATE OFFICE TO GET THIS IN WRITING TO SUBMIT.

TO ADDRESS THE CLAIM I HAVE BEEN GIVEN EXCESSIVE DISCOUNTS: THAT IS WHAT I WAS OFFERED, IF YOU WERE OFFERED A GREAT DEAL YOU WOULD TAKE IT TOO. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WHAT YOUR REPRESENTITIVE QUOTED ME TAKE IT UP WITH THEM NOT ME AND HONOR THE DEAL. – THOUGH IT HAS APPEARED I HAVE NOW DEFINITELY EARNED IT WITH ALL THE FIGHTING BACK AND FORTH I HAVE HAD TO DO.

Hello- I would like an email address and contact phone # to a direct person who’s position is above the “executive escalation team” that I can speak regarding my issue with billing. No one seems to understand that when a rate is offered it should be honored. I have emailed over 30 TIMES regarding this issue and it has yet to be properly resolved.  The last few weeks not an email was answered not even a confirmation of receipt and my posting on the AT&T page on facebook were also ignored. I love the cable but the customer service is terrible and blaming the customer because you feel the discount was excessive is ridiculous. I was offered the rate via email by an AT&T employee and would be a fool not to have taken it.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Email sent 8/20/13:

I was give a set rate of $39.00 a month for 6 months and $49.00 for the 6 months following that. This was due to it taking over 2 weeks to install my cable. My wifi rate has also increased. If you take a look at my billing history that has not been honored and I have to continuously call into the most incompetent customer service I have ever had the displeasure to encounter. No one knows anything I hold for over an hour every time I call, am cold transferred (to another person who says their department doesn't handle it) at least 3 to 6 times per call and have to re-verify my information, am told things will be resolved and they never are. I have had to send back a faulty DVR and have had to have a tech come out more than once. Also, I have to reboot my wireless cable box at least 2 to 3 times a week because it has lost connection to the server. I had AT&T in the past and really liked it, but not now. I am not sure what has changed but my experience this time has been horrible and I will not recommend it to anyone and am looking into changing providers. Please adjust all previous bills that I was charged more than $39.00 (THROUGH MAY) and $49.00 (from May - present). Also, please refund all reconnection fee that were not correctly charge. I will also be sending a letter to the BB and posting on Yelp so others are aware of how AT&T conducts business.

I HAVE FILED A COMPAINT WITH THE BBB Case#27320257

Here is the response to the claims made by AT&T:

THIS ISSUE HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED.  PLEASE SEE BELOW. I HAVE COPIES OF EMAILS, BILLS, AND SCREENS SHOTS OF EVERYTHING I AM STATING AS FACT BELOW.

“Ms. Aiello issues were resolved on previous cases. On 08/26/13, an AT&T case worker spoke with Ms. Aiello, who asked not to speak to AT&T and wanted her reply sent via email.” ***

–THE ABOVE STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE. ONE AT&T REPRESENTATIVE CONTACTED ME AND ASKED WHAT MY PROBLEM WAS, I ASKED HIM TO REVIEW MY EMAILS FIRST AND THEN RESPOND TO ME. NO ONE CONTACTED ME AFTER THAT. THE ISSUE WAS NEVER RESOLVED AND I HAVE OVER 10 EMAILS THAT I SENT TO “DAN G” ASKING THAT SOMEONE HELP ME, ALONG WITH HIS RESPONSES BACK THAT HE HAS FORWARD THIS INFORMATION AND SOMEONE WILL BE IN CONTACT WITH ME. I ALSO, HAVE 2 EMAILS WHERE I ASKED FOR HIS SUPERVISOR’S INFORMATION, THE PERSON WHO IS SUPPOSE TO CONTACT ME’S INFORMATION, AND THEIR SUPERVISOR’S CONTACT INFORMATION- BOTH THOSE REQUEST WERE NEVER RESPONDED TO. (I HAVE SAVED ALL THE EMAILS AND CAN SUBMIT IF NECESSARY) . I WAS CONTACTED I BELIEVE BY TELEPHONE NOT BY EMAIL AS PER MY REQUEST 9/16/13 BY A REPRESENTITIVE WHILE DRIVING WHERE SHE TOLD ME I WAS NOT OVERCHARGED. I ARGUED THAT I WAS AND DID NOT HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION ON ME AS I WAS DRIVING BUT I WAS NOT QUOTED WHAT SHE WAS SAYING I WAS. SHE SAID THEY AREN’T GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING AND SHE WOULD SENT ME A SUMMARY, I INFORMED HER THAT I DID NOT NEED ONE AS I HAVE COPIES OF MY BILLS AND THAT WOULD NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM. SHE SAID THAT WAS ALL SHE COULD DO.

TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE OF WHAT I AM BEING CHARGED. I AM SUPPOSED TO BE BILLED. I HAVE AN EMAIL FROM “CATE I” FROM NOVEMBER 14TH, 2012 WHERE I INFORM HER I HAVE A RATE FROM COX FOR $42.49 PER MONTH THAT IS COMPARIABLE WITH U-VERSE  450 INCLUDING EQUIPMENT. ON NOVEMBER 19TH, 2012 “CATE I” RESPONDS:

Great, I’m glad everything went well with the tech! I checked on your account and it was set up for $66/month plus taxes/fees. I’ve updated that to be $39.00/month plus taxes/fees so that we can beat the offer from Cox. One of the promotions I added expires in 6 months so your bill will increase by $10 in 6 months. The other promotions are 12 months. Email or call me when you get your bill if you have any questions, ok?

Thank you, I really appreciate your patience with the installation and I’m glad this got going in time for Thanksgiving!

Cate I

AT&T Social Media

****PER AT&T’S WBSITE  U-VERSE 450 HAS 440 CHANNELS INCLUDING MOVIES CHANNELS ALL IN HD (HBO, ENCORE, STARS, SHOWTIME, CINEMAX, TMC, REELZ, AMC, FX, TCM, LMD, TNT,  MOVIEPLEX, FLIX, THE MOVIE CHANNEL, IFC, SUNDANCE) *****

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT PROMOTIONS EXPIRE OR I WAS ISSUED. THEIR REPRESENTITIVE MADE AN OFFER IN WRITING THAT I ACCEPTED U-VERSE 450 (INCLUDING EQUIPMENT) FOR $39.99 FOR 6 MONTHS AND $49.99 FOR THE REMAINING 6 MONTHS WITH OUT CONDITION.

AS FAR AS ANY DISCONNECTION FEES, RESTORAL CHARGES, ETC- I WAS NEVER CHARGED THE CORRECT AMOUNT AND WAS NOT GOING TO PAY MORE THAN I OWE AND WAS IN CONTACT WITH PEOPLE IN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT TO CORRECT THAT. IF THEY HAD CHARGED ME THE CORRECT AMOUNT I WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO PAY ON TIME INSTEAD OF WAITING FOR THE HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE TO CORRECT THINGS.

ALSO THERE WAS NEVER A BROKEN PROMISE MADE REGARDING PAYMENT IN MARCH OF 2013, I HAVE AN EMAIL I SENT TO “CATE I’ IN MARCH INFORMING HER MY RATE WAS INCORRECT AND WAS TOLD IT WAS BECAUSE MY AUTOPAY WAS DENIED. I NEVER AUTHORIZED AUTOPAY, AS I DO NOT TRUST COMPANIES (I WONDER WHY) AND CAN MAKE THE PAYMENT MYSELF)

ALSO, AT&T IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RUNNING OF THE 2 DEBITS THAT WERE RETURN (1 AUTHORIZED 1 NOT CAUSING BOTH TO BOUNCE) AS, I HAVE SPOKE WITH MY BANK THOSE CHARGES WERE SUBMITTED BY AT&T AND IT IS NOT BANK OF AMERICA’S POLICY TO RE-RUN DEBITS. I AM IN CONTACT WITH THEIR CORPORATE OFFICE TO GET THIS IN WRITING TO SUBMIT.

TO ADDRESS THE CLAIM I HAVE BEEN GIVEN EXCESSIVE DISCOUNTS: THAT IS WHAT I WAS OFFERED, IF YOU WERE OFFERED A GREAT DEAL YOU WOULD TAKE IT TOO. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WHAT YOUR REPRESENTITIVE QUOTED ME TAKE IT UP WITH THEM NOT ME AND HONOR THE DEAL. – THOUGH IT HAS APPEARED I HAVE NOW DEFINITELY EARNED IT WITH ALL THE FIGHTING BACK AND FORTH I HAVE HAD TO DO.

need REAL assistance/service/help from someone above the executive escalation team

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2013 4:02:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

1st, please don't use all caps. Not only is it the internet equivalent of shouting, it is very difficult to read.

2nd, if someone contacts you to ask about your issue, tell them what your issue is. Don't tell them to read through your history and figure it out.

3rd, your best bet is to contact AT&T Customer Care, using the link below. If you give them your information, someone will contact you and they can see what can get done.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

1st, please don't use all caps. Not only is it the internet equivalent of shouting, it is very difficult to read.

2nd, if someone contacts you to ask about your issue, tell them what your issue is. Don't tell them to read through your history and figure it out.

3rd, your best bet is to contact AT&T Customer Care, using the link below. If you give them your information, someone will contact you and they can see what can get done.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: need REAL assistance/service/help from someone above the executive escalation team

2 of 10 (578 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2013 10:18:47 AM
(0)
Tutor
First of all whoever you are I am shouting. Secondly, I have explained what happened several times to several reps, when this man had called I was at work and had sent an email as requested by AT&T to the executive team and if you have ever worked in customer service for a corporation you know rule number 1 is read the customer's emails and do your research. Thirdly, I have already tried that link.
First of all whoever you are I am shouting. Secondly, I have explained what happened several times to several reps, when this man had called I was at work and had sent an email as requested by AT&T to the executive team and if you have ever worked in customer service for a corporation you know rule number 1 is read the customer's emails and do your research. Thirdly, I have already tried that link.

Re: need REAL assistance/service/help from someone above the executive escalation team

3 of 10 (555 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2013 10:21:12 AM
(0)
Tutor
And have sent over 30 emails to attcustomercare with no avail
And have sent over 30 emails to attcustomercare with no avail

4 of 10 (554 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2013 10:43:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Oct 12, 2013 at 10:44:41 AM

First off, we (the other posters and specifically ACEs) are customers just like you.  Our base of knowledge is our experience.   We have no control over how your account is being dealt with.

Secondly, the link that MicCheck gave you is for Customer Care.  This is different than Customer Service.  They have a reputation for getting things done.   If you've contacted them, perhaps you should follow up on that.

First off, we (the other posters and specifically ACEs) are customers just like you.  Our base of knowledge is our experience.   We have no control over how your account is being dealt with.

Secondly, the link that MicCheck gave you is for Customer Care.  This is different than Customer Service.  They have a reputation for getting things done.   If you've contacted them, perhaps you should follow up on that.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
5 of 10 (551 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2013 2:54:40 PM
(0)
Tutor
Well if you read what I wrote you would see I have contacted customer care of 30 times and it went beyond them to executive escalation. I have followed up to no avail.
Also, I know you are customers and don't need to be instructed on how to write MY post. I know what it means to write in capital letters on the internet.
No one said you have control over this being handled.
I was advised by an AT&T supervisor through customer care to post in this forum to get executive attention.
Now unless you have the email address I am requesting please leave your snarky comments for someone else's post.
Well if you read what I wrote you would see I have contacted customer care of 30 times and it went beyond them to executive escalation. I have followed up to no avail.
Also, I know you are customers and don't need to be instructed on how to write MY post. I know what it means to write in capital letters on the internet.
I was advised by an AT&T supervisor through customer care to post in this forum to get executive attention.
Now unless you have the email address I am requesting please leave your snarky comments for someone else's post.

6 of 10 (535 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2013 2:55:07 PM
(0)
Tutor
You're welcome Smiley Wink
You're welcome Smiley Wink

7 of 10 (534 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2013 2:58:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Oct 12, 2013 at 2:59:39 PM

briiee01 wrote:

WOW!  So you've used the link MicCheck gave you 30 times and no one has contacted you?  That's a first. 

(Was that too snarky?)

briiee01 wrote:

WOW!  So you've used the link MicCheck gave you 30 times and no one has contacted you?  That's a first. 

(Was that too snarky?)

[ Edited ]
8 of 10 (530 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2013 3:07:27 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Phil-101 on Oct 12, 2013 at 3:20:09 PM

Actually it is a link to customercare and yea i have used it before he gave it to me. As i previously metioned it went beyond them.

[Please keep it courteous]

Actually it is a link to customercare and yea i have used it before he gave it to me. As i previously metioned it went beyond them.

[Please keep it courteous]

[ Edited ]
9 of 10 (521 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2013 5:53:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

briiee01 wrote:

It sounds like when you were called you said (in effect) "I don't want to tell you what my problem is". If you've ever worked in customer service, you know that if a customer is refusing to talk to you, there's nothing you can do to help. 

Reading through a history is great, but if it is extensive (and it sounds like yours is) it doesn't give specific guidance as to how that particular rep can help today. 

If you are really wanting to get different results, I'd recommend sending another PM to AT&T Customer Care. If they call at an inconvenient time, either do not answer, and let them leave a voicemail or politely answer and talk with them (or politely request a call back at a more convenient time). 

All the history in the world will never make any customer service person a mind reader...and the onus is on you to make sure your complaints are heard correctly.

briiee01 wrote:

It sounds like when you were called you said (in effect) "I don't want to tell you what my problem is". If you've ever worked in customer service, you know that if a customer is refusing to talk to you, there's nothing you can do to help. 

Reading through a history is great, but if it is extensive (and it sounds like yours is) it doesn't give specific guidance as to how that particular rep can help today. 

If you are really wanting to get different results, I'd recommend sending another PM to AT&T Customer Care. If they call at an inconvenient time, either do not answer, and let them leave a voicemail or politely answer and talk with them (or politely request a call back at a more convenient time). 

All the history in the world will never make any customer service person a mind reader...and the onus is on you to make sure your complaints are heard correctly.

10 of 10 (475 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments