Ask a question

Posted Aug 24, 2013
    7:48:11 PM
    View profile
    my remote is dead

My remote is dead and it is going to take a week to get another one. I am not a very happy customer. There is no remote control app I can download that I am aware of.

my remote is dead

6 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (6)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 25, 2013 12:17:42 AM
    (0)
    Scholar
    Edited by Don_H on Aug 25, 2013 at 12:20:25 AM

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet (not phone) and can use the "Peel Smart Remote" app if I turn off power saving mode.

Re: my remote is dead

[ Edited ]
    2 of 7 (1,142 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 25, 2013 5:24:05 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    Edited by aviewer on Aug 25, 2013 at 5:30:33 AM

scottshiv - My first thought is - You only have one TV? If you have another TV - share.

You do not have a spare remote? I bet you do not have OTA, just in case, either.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
    3 of 7 (1,126 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 25, 2013 5:28:55 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    scottshiv - How about a Logitech Harmony 200 from a local store? Well I checked Radio Shack & they no longer list them. Model 300 also, is not very available & the price is up. Logitech must have decided they were too inexpensive. They do not even cover the cost of tel support. But, it is worth calling Radio Shack & best buy & such to see if the have a close out on one.
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 7 (1,125 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 14, 2013 11:58:06 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

You can download the Uverse app for Android and ios, which will enable your cell phone, or pad to control your tv.  The app has a software remote built in.

5 of 7 (949 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 16, 2013 4:42:28 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

Unless something has recently changed, the Android version will not control your Set Top Box.  You can create and delete recordings with it.

6 of 7 (877 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 20, 2013 11:55:06 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

On Android phones you can also view the guide, setup series and individual recordings.  There are also videos you can view on an Android phone.

7 of 7 (811 Views)