my remote is dead

Mentor

my remote is dead

My remote is dead and it is going to take a week to get another one. I am not a very happy customer. There is no remote control app I can download that I am aware of.

Message 1 of 7 (1,314 Views)
Scholar

Re: my remote is dead

[ Edited ]

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet (not phone) and can use the "Peel Smart Remote" app if I turn off power saving mode.

Message 2 of 7 (1,295 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

scottshiv - My first thought is - You only have one TV? If you have another TV - share.

You do not have a spare remote? I bet you do not have OTA, just in case, either.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7 (1,279 Views)
ACE - Expert

scottshiv - How about a Logitech Harmony 200 from a local store? Well I checked Radio Shack & they no longer list them. Model 300 also, is not very available & the price is up. Logitech must have decided they were too inexpensive. They do not even cover the cost of tel support. But, it is worth calling Radio Shack & best buy & such to see if the have a close out on one.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7 (1,278 Views)
Expert

You can download the Uverse app for Android and ios, which will enable your cell phone, or pad to control your tv.  The app has a software remote built in.

Message 5 of 7 (1,102 Views)
ACE - Expert

Unless something has recently changed, the Android version will not control your Set Top Box.  You can create and delete recordings with it.

Message 6 of 7 (1,030 Views)
Expert

On Android phones you can also view the guide, setup series and individual recordings.  There are also videos you can view on an Android phone.

Message 7 of 7 (964 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.