Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Aug 24, 2013
7:48:11 PM
my remote is dead

My remote is dead and it is going to take a week to get another one. I am not a very happy customer. There is no remote control app I can download that I am aware of.

My remote is dead and it is going to take a week to get another one. I am not a very happy customer. There is no remote control app I can download that I am aware of.

my remote is dead

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 12:17:42 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by Don_H on Aug 25, 2013 at 12:20:25 AM

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet (not phone) and can use the "Peel Smart Remote" app if I turn off power saving mode.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet (not phone) and can use the "Peel Smart Remote" app if I turn off power saving mode.

Re: my remote is dead

[ Edited ]
2 of 7 (1,274 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 5:24:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by aviewer on Aug 25, 2013 at 5:30:33 AM

scottshiv - My first thought is - You only have one TV? If you have another TV - share.

You do not have a spare remote? I bet you do not have OTA, just in case, either.

scottshiv - My first thought is - You only have one TV? If you have another TV - share.

You do not have a spare remote? I bet you do not have OTA, just in case, either.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
3 of 7 (1,258 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 5:28:55 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
scottshiv - How about a Logitech Harmony 200 from a local store? Well I checked Radio Shack & they no longer list them. Model 300 also, is not very available & the price is up. Logitech must have decided they were too inexpensive. They do not even cover the cost of tel support. But, it is worth calling Radio Shack & best buy & such to see if the have a close out on one.
scottshiv - How about a Logitech Harmony 200 from a local store? Well I checked Radio Shack & they no longer list them. Model 300 also, is not very available & the price is up. Logitech must have decided they were too inexpensive. They do not even cover the cost of tel support. But, it is worth calling Radio Shack & best buy & such to see if the have a close out on one.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 7 (1,257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2013 11:58:06 AM
(0)
Expert

You can download the Uverse app for Android and ios, which will enable your cell phone, or pad to control your tv.  The app has a software remote built in.

You can download the Uverse app for Android and ios, which will enable your cell phone, or pad to control your tv.  The app has a software remote built in.

5 of 7 (1,081 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 4:42:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Unless something has recently changed, the Android version will not control your Set Top Box.  You can create and delete recordings with it.

Unless something has recently changed, the Android version will not control your Set Top Box.  You can create and delete recordings with it.

6 of 7 (1,009 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 11:55:06 AM
(0)
Expert

On Android phones you can also view the guide, setup series and individual recordings.  There are also videos you can view on an Android phone.

On Android phones you can also view the guide, setup series and individual recordings.  There are also videos you can view on an Android phone.

7 of 7 (943 Views)