medical alert system

medical alert system

I have a Connect America medical alert system that seems to be interferring with my VOIP phone line.  When somebody calls me right after I hang up the phone, the phone will ring once and there will be a long fax machine type beep on the caller's end as well as on my end if I can answer the phone in time.  When I unplugged the system from the phone jack, I did not have this problem.  I have Comcast phone service and the service is backwired into the phone wiring in the house.  I also had this same problem when I had POTS service with AT&T and I was wondering if I needed a special device to go between the wall jack and the medical alert device.  I have already replaced the medical alert console device.

Message 1 of 5 (1,116 Views)
Employee

Re: medical alert system

As this has been on going with both POTS line and VOIP from two different providers, I would recommend checking with Connect America for a solution as problem seems specific to their equipment.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (1,101 Views)
ACE - Expert

mamabearlongs - I am thinking that there are two more things you need to rule out, even though both are unlikely, they should be easy to rule out. You do not want to talk yourself out of finding the cause.

Since your house wiring is a big unknown you need to connect the monitor direct to the Comcast source of dial tone, then direct to a phone.

If it is still a problem, reverse the connection of the alert.

If that works you can try the house wiring again, being careful to keep the correct connection.

If it does not work with just the box, it must be another defective box

If it does not work with the house wiring you need to trace that out. I wonder if a tip/ring reversal affects the box. You call them & ask if it would.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5 (1,098 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank you for all of the suggestions.

Message 4 of 5 (1,079 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

mamabearlongs - Thanks for following up. Your words seem to say you may still have a problem. Did you mark it as a solution because it now works? We would really like to know -
If you still have a problem we can still try to come up with something.
If not we would like to have exactly what resolved it for the next poster.
Please, please let us know.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5 (1,075 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.