just got uverse 2 days ago 1 tv has a black screen with red x all others work fine how do i fix

Contributor

just got uverse 2 days ago 1 tv has a black screen with red x all others work fine how do i fix

just got uverse 2 days ago 1 tv has a black screen with red x all others work fine how do I fix

Message 1 of 3 (1,175 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: just got uverse 2 days ago 1 tv has a black screen with red x all others work fine how do i fix

There's probably a connection problem between the Residential Gateway (RG, sometimes called the modem) and the set top that's displaying the red x.  (It could be something else, but connection is the first thing to check.)

How is that set top box (STB) connected back to the RG?  Via coax or Cat 5 cable?  If via coax, check each connection to be sure it is tight.  If Cat 5 cable, unplug each end and plug it back end.  Check for nasty kinks that could have caused a break in the wires.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (1,175 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Re: just got uverse 2 days ago 1 tv has a black screen with red x all others work fine how do i fix

Hello eddie73, if the connections mentioned by jeffermc were intact it is possible you have a defective receiver. I have sent you a private message in case you need further assistance with the RED X on your TV.Smiley Happy

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (1,175 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.