Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 14, 2013
10:29:03 AM
View profile
isolate public IP addresses
Just received and allocated my public static IP addresses on my Uverse. I am seeing on the firewall log of one of my static devices that it is co-mingled with traffic from the 198.168.x.x private network! it should not be allowed to see that. Is there no isolation between public and private LANs?

Just received and allocated my public static IP addresses on my Uverse. I am seeing on the firewall log of one of my static devices that it is co-mingled with traffic from the 198.168.x.x private network! it should not be allowed to see that. Is there no isolation between public and private LANs?

isolate public IP addresses

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2013 10:35:42 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi nick5821,

I apologize for all the inconveniences. The static IP you purchase through us should not broadcast to your NAT, with everything setup correctly. I would be happy to look into your logs further for you and address this problem. I will have our team send you a private message to gather more information.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi nick5821,

I apologize for all the inconveniences. The static IP you purchase through us should not broadcast to your NAT, with everything setup correctly. I would be happy to look into your logs further for you and address this problem. I will have our team send you a private message to gather more information.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: isolate public IP addresses

2 of 2 (100 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments