Helpful Links

internet keeps disconnecting sometimes 30 times a day for any length of time.

internet keeps disconnecting sometimes 30 times a day for any length of time.

I have had uverse internet for a couple of years things were great the first 6 month after that the internet started dropping all the time i had voice service at the time so i dropped that and it seemed to get better for a month or so. 

When the internet drops it can drop for 30 seconds to days. There is no ryme or reason to the amount of time it goes down or how many times a day it goes down. I have called the tech support number multiple times and dont seem to get anywere they send someone and it never seems to fix the issue. The last time a tech came out was about 6 months ago they replaced the nid, the RJ11 into the house and the RG. after the tech left the internet continued to go down as if nothing was changed. I have had 3 diffrent RG with still no luck. currently i have a linksys behind the RG as my wireless with a firewall rule to allow all connections to go through the linksys.

When my internet goes out the broadband lights flash green or the top one just stays solid red. Some times the internet will stay up for a week other times i cant even use the internet for 5 minutes in a week. my neighbor has uverse with the same speed settings as me and has no issues with hers our nid's are about 30ft apart so i dont underdstand how hers is fine and mine isnt. 

Below i have included the screenshots from uvrealtime. Any help would be appreciated. 

Ip/Profile

Bitloading

Error Table

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: internet keeps disconnecting sometimes 30 times a day for any length of time.

ckstreicher, since you've been through the ringer already, I'd suggest that you click this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your issue. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelope in the upper right hand corner of this site) in a business day or three.

To speed things along, please include your Billing Account Number and the best way and time to reach you in that PM. A link to your post here wouldn't hurt.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3

Re: internet keeps disconnecting sometimes 30 times a day for any length of time.

Thank you i will give that a try and see where that gets me. The internet has become pretty much unusable at this point. 

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support