Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 27, 2013
3:45:02 PM
View profile
iPad app can't find receivers

I'm not able to find my receivers via the Uverse iPad app. Is this because my Gateway is attached via Ethernet to my AirPort Extreme, which I use for my home network?

I'm not able to find my receivers via the Uverse iPad app. Is this because my Gateway is attached via Ethernet to my AirPort Extreme, which I use for my home network?

iPad app can't find receivers

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2013 5:03:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
stevej1 - Probably, I believe the ipad has to be on the RG network.
stevej1 - Probably, I believe the ipad has to be on the RG network.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: iPad app can't find receivers

2 of 5 (706 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2013 2:01:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

aviewer is right, if your iPad connects wirelessly to the Airport Extreeme, it is unable to communicate with the Set Tops.

aviewer is right, if your iPad connects wirelessly to the Airport Extreeme, it is unable to communicate with the Set Tops.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (657 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2013 6:20:56 PM
(0)

Your router is creating a separate subnet, so your internet devices do not see the boxes in the gateways network.

Your router is creating a separate subnet, so your internet devices do not see the boxes in the gateways network.

4 of 5 (616 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2013 6:53:30 PM
(0)
Master

If you want to see all of your Uverse equipment and still use your Airport Extreme you will have to put the Extreme in bridge mode.

If you want to see all of your Uverse equipment and still use your Airport Extreme you will have to put the Extreme in bridge mode.

5 of 5 (608 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments