i3812V Default password needed!

Contributor

i3812V Default password needed!

Hello,

I am trying to port forward(I have no problem with the port forwarding process), but the problem is:

I have a default password set for the network configuration. The hint = System password on PSU.

I tried that multiple times, tried resetting password, also doing hard resets. It still stays as a default password every time(I may be doing the hard resets incorrectly, by resetting power and then router.). I know that I am getting the correct password every time, but I feel as if I am going in total circles.

Recap:

I KNOW I have the correct password.

I keep trying to do hard resets

I have tried resetting the password.

I have tried using a large array of default passwords, just incase I wasn't doing something correctly, but now I am positive that it always just renders my password entries invalid.

Help!

Message 1 of 7 (433 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: i3812V Default password needed!

Nicholas02123 - You say you are changing the password but it does not persist. After you enter your data on the screen, scroll down and right to find the itsy bitsy save button. If your display is like mine it does not appear on the screen where the data is entered. You need to scroll down.

It just bit me an hour ago.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7 (422 Views)
Contributor

But it doesn't seem I can even hard reset anymore. It requires me to give the password(will not work) to change the password. What is the proper way to hard reset my router?

Message 3 of 7 (419 Views)
ACE - Expert

Nicholas02123 - I believe there is a button. Maybe red. KInd of depressed. May require something other than you finger to push it.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7 (402 Views)
Contributor

Tried both the router and PSU. No luck. Seems to be only a soft reset. Is there any way to hard reset the actual i3812V?

Message 5 of 7 (397 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

Nicholas02123 - I do not have that modem. Only seen posts that a button does a hard reset on modems. I looked at my GUI for 3801 & the site map does have a resets link, but I have to enter the PW to get through. That is why you need a button - to get by the current PW.

I googled it & here is the manual - http://www.att.com/support_media/images/pdf/uverse/iNIDv2_UG.pdf

Message 6 of 7 (377 Views)

on the side of the box, probably in your garage, there is a pinhole opening on the left hand side, find a paper clip or something that small, keep it depressed for about 15 seconds.  that should reset it.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 7 of 7 (348 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.