Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 3, 2013
11:57:00 AM
View profile
how to get better pricing

I've been a uverse customer for over 4 years and continue to see my rates go up and up.  I get promotional offers all the time from Cox and Dish and others offering service at fixed rates for significantly less than what I pay now.  I like the quality of service, but a savings of over $100 a month would help my budget.  Any suggestions?

I've been a uverse customer for over 4 years and continue to see my rates go up and up.  I get promotional offers all the time from Cox and Dish and others offering service at fixed rates for significantly less than what I pay now.  I like the quality of service, but a savings of over $100 a month would help my budget.  Any suggestions?

how to get better pricing

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 12:05:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I just went thru the same issue.  I have had U-verse since 2008.  I have U-450, HD (included), HD Premium Tier, and Max 18 internet.  Before taxes I was at around $186.00.  I assembled offers from Dish and TW Cable for comparable services for the TV and TWC pricing for the internet.

I then called customer service and spoke to retentions and was offered a better deal than Dish and TWC for the TV and better than TWC for internet.  They dropped it to $133 a month but I did sign up for a one year commitment/contract which was no big deal because I didn't really want to leave U-verse anyway.

Also, I'm not sure, but one of the community managers on this forum might be able to help out too!!  If so, they will pop in and send you a PM to help with your account.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

I just went thru the same issue.  I have had U-verse since 2008.  I have U-450, HD (included), HD Premium Tier, and Max 18 internet.  Before taxes I was at around $186.00.  I assembled offers from Dish and TW Cable for comparable services for the TV and TWC pricing for the internet.

I then called customer service and spoke to retentions and was offered a better deal than Dish and TWC for the TV and better than TWC for internet.  They dropped it to $133 a month but I did sign up for a one year commitment/contract which was no big deal because I didn't really want to leave U-verse anyway.

Also, I'm not sure, but one of the community managers on this forum might be able to help out too!!  If so, they will pop in and send you a PM to help with your account.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: how to get better pricing

2 of 5 (1,255 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 12:21:30 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi lwoxen,

We always appreciate our long time customers, and I would be glad to look into your account to see what we are currently offering. I will be sending you a private message regarding this matter.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi lwoxen,

We always appreciate our long time customers, and I would be glad to look into your account to see what we are currently offering. I will be sending you a private message regarding this matter.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 5 (1,255 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 3:41:14 PM
(0)
Contributor

I just was curious about the same question and made my own post. Maybe someone will PM me with a solution.

I just was curious about the same question and made my own post. Maybe someone will PM me with a solution.

4 of 5 (1,255 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 6:32:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Call retentions you will get a better deal

Call retentions you will get a better deal

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (1,255 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments