Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 26, 2013
11:14:19 PM
View profile
how to disable wi-fi protected setup on 2wire 3600HGV router?

How do I properly disable wi-fi protected setup on the 2wire 3600HGV router? I've read that it makes it much easier for people to crack your WPA2 key.

How do I properly disable wi-fi protected setup on the 2wire 3600HGV router? I've read that it makes it much easier for people to crack your WPA2 key.

how to disable wi-fi protected setup on 2wire 3600HGV router?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2013 6:37:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by oufanindallas on Jan 27, 2013 at 6:52:20 AM

It's either on or off. 

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1 then under wi-fi protected setup, make sure it's set to disabled.  By default that is the setting.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

It's either on or off. 

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1 then under wi-fi protected setup, make sure it's set to disabled.  By default that is the setting.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: how to disable wi-fi protected setup on 2wire 3600HGV router?

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (2,943 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2013 1:04:41 PM
(0)
Mentor

Gibson Research Corporation has an amazing free tool on their web site called Password Haystack. While it isn't a password strengh tester, it gives great insight into "Brute Force Attacks."     

Gibson Research Corporation has an amazing free tool on their web site called Password Haystack. While it isn't a password strengh tester, it gives great insight into "Brute Force Attacks."     

3 of 5 (2,922 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2013 11:55:52 AM
(0)
Teacher

What is the circular button (with a keyhole symbol) on the front of the router for? Does pressing it turn on WPS?

What is the circular button (with a keyhole symbol) on the front of the router for? Does pressing it turn on WPS?

4 of 5 (2,481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 2, 2013 8:50:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by Darknessrise on Jul 2, 2013 at 8:52:26 AM

If you enable WPS, the button on the bottom begins the WPS process. On my 3801, I tried to use it but it just kept flashing and didn't work when I tried to start WPS on both devices. On my desktop it worked though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.

If you enable WPS, the button on the bottom begins the WPS process. On my 3801, I tried to use it but it just kept flashing and didn't work when I tried to start WPS on both devices. On my desktop it worked though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
5 of 5 (2,467 Views)