how long does it take to port a number from comcast to ATT?

Contributor

Message 1 of 7 (3,793 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: how long does it take to port a number from comcast to ATT?

The short answer is it depends on Comcast.  They have to issue the release date to AT&T.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7 (3,793 Views)
Employee

Hi, jdp999

Just checking up on your post. The information that beebeesa provided is correct when it comes to porting over a phone number from another provider over to AT&T U-verse. I was able to locate your U-verse account and I noticed your installation is scheduled for 8-16-13. One of the procedures that the technician needs to complete during the installation is activating your phone number and confirm that you are able to make/receive phone calls with the U-verse Voice service.

I hope this helps answer your question. Feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance with your upcoming U-verse service and we'll be glad to assist. Thank you! Smiley Happy

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 7 (3,793 Views)
Contributor

Morgan,

I do not understand... we had service scheduled for last Friday  for installation of all services...the number is active on COMCAST but I want it at ATT with my internet and cable...Comcast has a hold on ther porting of the number  (removed for security reasons). What can I do -- I have ill family members that cannot get in touch with me-- AND I am paying for two phone services one with AT&T and the other with Comcast. 

Jeff

>

Message 4 of 7 (3,793 Views)
Employee

Okay, I completely understand your concern.

I checked into any possible expedites I can apply that won't mess up your order for U-verse voice service. Most of the time Comcast needs about 5 business days to release the number over and since you're having a technician install the voice services, I can schedule the tech appointment to activate your phone service on Tuesday 8-13-13 (11am to 1pm OR 2pm to 4pm). Unfortunately, anything sooner will cause major issues with porting the number over.

Also, the billing for U-verse phone service will not begin until your phone number is activated and working.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 7 (3,793 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

My internet and phone was first installed on 10/28 after a few complications. For some reason when my account was set up the wrong address was entered, they used the address across my house. Tech #1 was scheduled early am but inform me of this issue. I contacted Customer Service and resolved the address issue and and Tech #2 came back same day to install my internet and phone. It seem Tech #2 was having issues with the installation particularly with the phone number. To resolve this issue I was assigned to temporary phone number with the intentions of porting my original phone number. This never occurred, I contacted customer service last weekend spent to resolve my monthly bill and get my original number ported. After 2 hours later customer service supposedly resolved the issue and they mention the tech would have to come again and verify installation was set up correctly. They provided me with a 11/30  date when the tech would stop by. I recently received a email notice confirming delay of my installation to contact att u verse. I contacted customer service they informed me comcast has disconnected the phone # and unable to port my #. This issue was caused by Att U verse due to the fact that they did not set this up correctly from the start. I have had this phone number for over 13 years and I do not want a new number. Please assist me on my issue.

Message 6 of 7 (3,504 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

Junebugg,  click on the hyper link in my sig for AT&T Customer Care.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service that can help you get this resolved.  After you click the link send them a PM with your info and your issue and somone will be in touch with you.  Watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification as they will reply to you via PM as well.  There hours are Mon-Fri 7am to 10pm CST.

Message 7 of 7 (3,457 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.