Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 21, 2014
6:31:59 PM
View profile
how do i get a tech to respond to my apt. being coded red?

I moved into a new apt. complex 11.30.13 and am still waiting on AT&T to install service. Out of 36 units in the complex, 3 are coded 'red' and can't get service yet no tech comes out to resolve the issue. I have called the engineer, his manager, every number available for AT&T but get no response or follow up. If I could use a different service I would but AT&T has the 'contract' for this area and so we can't use another company. All I want is TV and phone service.

I moved into a new apt. complex 11.30.13 and am still waiting on AT&T to install service. Out of 36 units in the complex, 3 are coded 'red' and can't get service yet no tech comes out to resolve the issue. I have called the engineer, his manager, every number available for AT&T but get no response or follow up. If I could use a different service I would but AT&T has the 'contract' for this area and so we can't use another company. All I want is TV and phone service.

how do i get a tech to respond to my apt. being coded red?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2014 8:29:12 PM
(0)
Employee
Depends on what issue is, if this is a facilities issue, most likely meaning no ports available, cannot provide service.
Need someone to cancel to open a port. (GREEN, FACILITIES)

If this is a distance issue, lower units can upper floor units cannot or units close enough to VRAD can and farther cannot, nothing currently can be done. OLDER MDUs are generally limited to single pair installs at max distance of 3000 feet from VRAD for IPTV services. (RED). Used to offer a 19M profile, 2HD/2SD, max internet of 12M up to 4000 feet but these installs are generally no longer available.

If you believe this is an incorrect entry in the database you may request an address verification.
Based on past posts, this process an take up to a month but normally 2 weeks or less.
Depends on what issue is, if this is a facilities issue, most likely meaning no ports available, cannot provide service.
Need someone to cancel to open a port. (GREEN, FACILITIES)

If this is a distance issue, lower units can upper floor units cannot or units close enough to VRAD can and farther cannot, nothing currently can be done. OLDER MDUs are generally limited to single pair installs at max distance of 3000 feet from VRAD for IPTV services. (RED). Used to offer a 19M profile, 2HD/2SD, max internet of 12M up to 4000 feet but these installs are generally no longer available.

If you believe this is an incorrect entry in the database you may request an address verification.
Based on past posts, this process an take up to a month but normally 2 weeks or less.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: how do i get a tech to respond to my apt. being coded red?

2 of 3 (182 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2014 2:01:19 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi schnel12,

We have received your message and look forward to working with you to get this issue resolved.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

Hi schnel12,

We have received your message and look forward to working with you to get this issue resolved.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: how do i get a tech to respond to my apt. being coded red?

3 of 3 (138 Views)