Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 22, 2013
6:40:39 PM
View profile
hiding channels above 1000

I want to hide channels above channel 1000 but the hiding channel function only goes up to 704. AND I only see a "check all" choice not an "uncheck all" choice.

I want to hide channels above channel 1000 but the hiding channel function only goes up to 704. AND I only see a "check all" choice not an "uncheck all" choice.

hiding channels above 1000

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2013 8:25:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Menu (button)>Options>Channel Options>Hide Channels

Type in "1000" and start unchecking.  Hit Save.

Menu (button)>Options>Channel Options>Hide Channels

Type in "1000" and start unchecking.  Hit Save.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: hiding channels above 1000

2 of 5 (272 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2013 7:56:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by americangame on Jul 23, 2013 at 7:57:00 AM

To add to Skeeter's comment. If they still don't show up in your hide channel directory, try restarting your STB and see if they appear.

In a slightly related topic, if you have an HDTV (LCD, plasma, etc.) consider paying the $10/month for the HD service and looking at the 1000+ channels. The picture is much better than the standard channels when you have an HDTV when you have the STB connected the the TV via HDMI or component cables and the resoultion is properly set to 720p or 1080i on your STB.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

To add to Skeeter's comment. If they still don't show up in your hide channel directory, try restarting your STB and see if they appear.

In a slightly related topic, if you have an HDTV (LCD, plasma, etc.) consider paying the $10/month for the HD service and looking at the 1000+ channels. The picture is much better than the standard channels when you have an HDTV when you have the STB connected the the TV via HDMI or component cables and the resoultion is properly set to 720p or 1080i on your STB.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
3 of 5 (230 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2013 8:34:59 AM
(0)
Scholar

So, all these years I have been scrolling down through the hide the channel list, in order to hide one channel, when I could have just keyed in the number and gone straight to the channel to be hidden??  I guess it is a good day when I learn something new. 

So, all these years I have been scrolling down through the hide the channel list, in order to hide one channel, when I could have just keyed in the number and gone straight to the channel to be hidden??  I guess it is a good day when I learn something new. 

4 of 5 (212 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2013 8:38:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

weimardog wrote:

The ability to enter a channel number was part of the latest update.  Smiley Wink

weimardog wrote:

The ability to enter a channel number was part of the latest update.  Smiley Wink

5 of 5 (208 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments