Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 8, 2014
5:58:37 PM
View profile
guide data wrong for funimation channel 1484 again! kills DVR

Funimation channel 1484 currently has the wrong guide data. it has been wrong since monday morning 4/7 at the least.

This is specific to ATT, not my hardware.  I can see the wrong guide data also on the att.com tv listings and on my phone (uverse app).

Other websites and services have the correct guide data:

http://funimation.tv/current-schedule/

http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCGrid.do?aid=austate#379

This is a recurring issue with ATT.  Last time it happened I called tech support and they could not understand the simple issue that the guide data is wrong and kept telling me to try things with my hardware which is not the issue.  It took hours on the phone before I they understood the issue and then another 2 days for them to fix it.  I can accept it is my issue if all the ATT websites, my phone (uverse app) etc are correct, but that is not the case. 

It kills the DVR when this happens because besides the guide being wrong for the show title, it loses the episode names for everything.  Then it thinks anything that you have set as a series recording is new, so it records everything!  so it fills up the DVR quickly when this happens! 

Also there is a second issue the guide data for this channel is only updated on sunday for the next week.

I really hope someone from ATT can comment, get the immediate issue resolved, and get the right process in place to prevent this from happening in the future. 

Funimation channel 1484 currently has the wrong guide data. it has been wrong since monday morning 4/7 at the least.

This is specific to ATT, not my hardware.  I can see the wrong guide data also on the att.com tv listings and on my phone (uverse app).

Other websites and services have the correct guide data:

http://funimation.tv/current-schedule/

http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCGrid.do?aid=austate#379

This is a recurring issue with ATT.  Last time it happened I called tech support and they could not understand the simple issue that the guide data is wrong and kept telling me to try things with my hardware which is not the issue.  It took hours on the phone before I they understood the issue and then another 2 days for them to fix it.  I can accept it is my issue if all the ATT websites, my phone (uverse app) etc are correct, but that is not the case. 

It kills the DVR when this happens because besides the guide being wrong for the show title, it loses the episode names for everything.  Then it thinks anything that you have set as a series recording is new, so it records everything!  so it fills up the DVR quickly when this happens! 

Also there is a second issue the guide data for this channel is only updated on sunday for the next week.

I really hope someone from ATT can comment, get the immediate issue resolved, and get the right process in place to prevent this from happening in the future. 

guide data wrong for funimation channel 1484 again! kills DVR

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2014 8:15:40 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, animefan76!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear the Guide information for this particular channel is incorrect. We'd be happy to look into this, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, animefan76!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear the Guide information for this particular channel is incorrect. We'd be happy to look into this, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: guide data wrong for funimation channel 1484 again! kills DVR

2 of 5 (405 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2014 8:07:12 PM
(0)
Contributor
just an FYI, as of this second, it's still happening.
just an FYI, as of this second, it's still happening.

3 of 5 (360 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2014 4:38:12 PM
(0)
Contributor

Exact same problem again started today 4/28.  Guide data is wrong for the whole week.  Please resolve.

Exact same problem again started today 4/28.  Guide data is wrong for the whole week.  Please resolve.

4 of 5 (302 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2014 1:30:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Unfortunately AT&T does not author the guide.  Have you checked the listings for channel 1484 on another source (Titantv.com, TVGuide.com and so on)?  There are a few possible scenarios: 1) Funmation messed up and sent the wrong info to the Guide Providers 2) Funmation corrected it but the Guide Provider that AT&T uses did not update theirs or 3) something went wrong in the transfer of Guide from the Provider to AT&T 4) Funmation made a change and did not alert the Guide folks.

We have heard that AT&T's Guide provider is pretty bad........

Unfortunately AT&T does not author the guide.  Have you checked the listings for channel 1484 on another source (Titantv.com, TVGuide.com and so on)?  There are a few possible scenarios: 1) Funmation messed up and sent the wrong info to the Guide Providers 2) Funmation corrected it but the Guide Provider that AT&T uses did not update theirs or 3) something went wrong in the transfer of Guide from the Provider to AT&T 4) Funmation made a change and did not alert the Guide folks.

We have heard that AT&T's Guide provider is pretty bad........

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (262 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments