Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 21, 2013
8:37:39 PM
View profile
getting u-verse installed at a new house but stil living at my old one. do i need a TV?

packed up all the equipment for my wife to bring to the new house tomorrow but we currenty do not have a tv there 

because i dont wat it there until im moved just in case of a break in. Does a tv need to be present for them to install the

service? 

Also it is a "move" service not a new service installation, but it is going to a house that probably has never had uverse, i think the people we bought it from were using comcast...

packed up all the equipment for my wife to bring to the new house tomorrow but we currenty do not have a tv there 

because i dont wat it there until im moved just in case of a break in. Does a tv need to be present for them to install the

service? 

Also it is a "move" service not a new service installation, but it is going to a house that probably has never had uverse, i think the people we bought it from were using comcast...

getting u-verse installed at a new house but stil living at my old one. do i need a TV?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2013 9:34:48 PM
(0)
Employee
Move service using your original equipment from old house all equipment needs to be there.
If receiving new RG,DVD, and STBs returning original equipment OK

Either way there must be on TV on site to verify services working, TV moved to various locations so small TV best.
Without a TV availabile tech cannot complete install and will return job, NO INSTALL, not what you want, not what tech wants, nor the company.

In short a TV of some type must be there along with any uverse equipment being transferred plus a n iPad or laptop to register internet services, on a move order to new address HSIA requires re-register or no wireless or wired connections will work. Best and hope no delays encountered.
Move service using your original equipment from old house all equipment needs to be there.
If receiving new RG,DVD, and STBs returning original equipment OK

Either way there must be on TV on site to verify services working, TV moved to various locations so small TV best.
Without a TV availabile tech cannot complete install and will return job, NO INSTALL, not what you want, not what tech wants, nor the company.

In short a TV of some type must be there along with any uverse equipment being transferred plus a n iPad or laptop to register internet services, on a move order to new address HSIA requires re-register or no wireless or wired connections will work. Best and hope no delays encountered.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: getting u-verse installed at a new house but stil living at my old one. do i need a TV?

2 of 2 (194 Views)