fraud and hackers, anyone else?

Teacher

fraud and hackers, anyone else?

I noticed recently that every time I would log into UVerse or ATT Wireless, the location would be reset to another location where I don't live.  I kept resetting it back to the location where I live, and every time it would keep getting reset back to the other location.  I also keep getting hacked, and now I'm pretty sure that the hacker is an ATT technician.  I've tracked down a couple of other hackers too, but there's another one out there that works for ATT, pretty sure of it.  He listed my private residence on Google as a hotel, and he used one of my old phone numbers for verification.  

Message 1 of 4 (545 Views)
Community Manager

Re: fraud and hackers, anyone else?

Hello, AudreyJ2000!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with fraud. I know how scary it is to have your identity stolen. AT&T has many security measures in place to protect our customers' personal information and identities. We would be more than happy to help you.

Just send us a private message by clicking here so we can initiate an investigation. Please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, you may want to take some precautions like changing your passwords, checking your bank statements, and reviewing your credit reports. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (536 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

AudreyJ2000 wrote:

I noticed recently that every time I would log into UVerse or ATT Wireless, the location would be reset to another location where I don't live.  I kept resetting it back to the location where I live, and every time it would keep getting reset back to the other location.  I also keep getting hacked, and now I'm pretty sure that the hacker is an ATT technician.  I've tracked down a couple of other hackers too, but there's another one out there that works for ATT, pretty sure of it.  He listed my private residence on Google as a hotel, and he used one of my old phone numbers for verification.  

Along with what was stated in the above post here are some things you can do to protect yourself.  If you aren't already using it, download Microsft Security Essentials free from Microsoft's home page.  It is more effective than most if not all of the pay anti-virus programs.  Then download and install the free version (if you don't want to pay for the pro version) of Malwarebytes.  Scan your computer with both programs and follow any prompts if files are detected.

Message 3 of 4 (519 Views)
Teacher

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it.
Message 4 of 4 (429 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.