Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 6, 2012
6:03:49 AM
first bill--not what representative said..overcharge of $75 !
I ordered cable and internet u450 package and internet on nov 8th. I spoke to representative rose In texas. I told her I saw the special online that for my package and included internet and modems ect for $119 and also said that said $30 ir $50 off per month for the first year with a additional$150 credit . she proceeded to ask me more questions and ask what I wanted and understood my whole reason for swtiching was because I was trying to save money and she said "oh I can get you a way better deal than that". She repeated the order which had some add ons such as $10 for the higher internet speed. She told me it would be the regular $178 or so after the first year but that she could get it for me for $123 a month. When I mentiomed the sprcial online was $119 she said yea but that's just for your cable the internet would be a additional $54 so this is actually much cheaper even if you did get the $150 credit. I thought that was a bit odd since the soecial online said $120 and included everythimg but I trusted her because she said she could give me a better deal. So my first bill came and its $197 !!! I livid. I wish I had ordered online now because there would have been proof of the deal I purchased. This ismt right.They have recordings of conversations right ? I cacan't afford this ...the plan was to be saving $600 a year by switching carriers now its going to be $360 MORE. someone help please
I ordered cable and internet u450 package and internet on nov 8th. I spoke to representative rose In texas. I told her I saw the special online that for my package and included internet and modems ect for $119 and also said that said $30 ir $50 off per month for the first year with a additional$150 credit . she proceeded to ask me more questions and ask what I wanted and understood my whole reason for swtiching was because I was trying to save money and she said "oh I can get you a way better deal than that". She repeated the order which had some add ons such as $10 for the higher internet speed. She told me it would be the regular $178 or so after the first year but that she could get it for me for $123 a month. When I mentiomed the sprcial online was $119 she said yea but that's just for your cable the internet would be a additional $54 so this is actually much cheaper even if you did get the $150 credit. I thought that was a bit odd since the soecial online said $120 and included everythimg but I trusted her because she said she could give me a better deal. So my first bill came and its $197 !!! I livid. I wish I had ordered online now because there would have been proof of the deal I purchased. This ismt right.They have recordings of conversations right ? I cacan't afford this ...the plan was to be saving $600 a year by switching carriers now its going to be $360 MORE. someone help please

first bill--not what representative said..overcharge of $75 !

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 6:05:13 AM
(0)
Tutor
Oh and installation was said to be free
Oh and installation was said to be free

Re: first bill--not what representative said..overcharge of $75 !

2 of 7 (748 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 6:36:23 AM
(0)
Tutor
I looked bill over again and its only for a 2 weeks period (11/15-12/01). I also checked and it looks like the amount I'm overbilled is because of $54 in "other charges" which doesn't give a explanation. Even still though that would make it $25 more than she told me (taxes amd other fres come to $16) si I guess $10 extra somewhere
I looked bill over again and its only for a 2 weeks period (11/15-12/01). I also checked and it looks like the amount I'm overbilled is because of $54 in "other charges" which doesn't give a explanation. Even still though that would make it $25 more than she told me (taxes amd other fres come to $16) si I guess $10 extra somewhere

3 of 7 (733 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 6:41:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru
Edited by Jeffster on Dec 6, 2012 at 6:46:28 AM
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 7 (729 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 6:48:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

britnicob3127 wrote:

Your first bill is for the first regular month of service plus the prorated days before the first billing cycle began. Therefore, your regular bill is for 12/01 to 1/01. You also are paying for the days you had the service active before 12/01 (i.e. 11/15 to 12/01), which is half a month of service. 

Another thing to keep in mind is that the Uverse website doesn't add in the $6 internet equipment fee until you customize your order; if they advertise a $119 bundle on the homepage, it will actually go to at least $126 when you check out.

britnicob3127 wrote:

Your first bill is for the first regular month of service plus the prorated days before the first billing cycle began. Therefore, your regular bill is for 12/01 to 1/01. You also are paying for the days you had the service active before 12/01 (i.e. 11/15 to 12/01), which is half a month of service. 

Another thing to keep in mind is that the Uverse website doesn't add in the $6 internet equipment fee until you customize your order; if they advertise a $119 bundle on the homepage, it will actually go to at least $126 when you check out.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 7 (714 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2013 11:11:52 AM
(0)
Contributor

Yeah, My first bill wasn't what they told me when I signed up either. As a matter of fact I signed up online, and was given all sorts of misinformation.

Yeah, My first bill wasn't what they told me when I signed up either. As a matter of fact I signed up online, and was given all sorts of misinformation.

6 of 7 (307 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2013 11:22:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by RCSMG on Sep 14, 2013 at 12:41:07 PM

The first bill is usually prorated for the first two months of service which is why the bill is higher.  After that your bill should be closer to the quoted amount if not exactly what it was quoted.  However, there are times when subs have been given misinformation.  In those cases I suggest sending a PM to AT&T Customer Care with your info and your concern.  If you do the second suggestion watch the little blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification, as they will reply to you via PM as well.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/2365485

The first bill is usually prorated for the first two months of service which is why the bill is higher.  After that your bill should be closer to the quoted amount if not exactly what it was quoted.  However, there are times when subs have been given misinformation.  In those cases I suggest sending a PM to AT&T Customer Care with your info and your concern.  If you do the second suggestion watch the little blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification, as they will reply to you via PM as well.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/2365485

[ Edited ]
7 of 7 (302 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments