facilities issue

Tutor

facilities issue

Message 1 of 9 (615 Views)
Tutor

Re: facilities issue

Why is it so hard to get service installed at my house. Its been over a month and they keep delaying my install date due to a facilities issue. I can't get help over the phone with anyone. AT&T has the worst customer service. I guess they don't have to care about customer service since they arethe only available service. I need some answers!!!!!!
Message 2 of 9 (606 Views)
Employee

What type of service?

Facilities Issue means outside problem that needs to be resolved.
Possible suspects, copper connection, FTTN, or CO feed.
1) no port available, current local connections are at capacity, need someone to cancel service, or more capacity added, requiring engineering department.
2) have port available but no good cable pair to deliver to serving terminal.
3) have good port, have good cable pair, but serving terminal is full.....wait for cancel
4) area has been turned green, but equipment not turned up.

If FTTP (fiber to premise),
1) issue at Xbox, need card fiber splitter (capacity issue)
2) fiber connection not to location (cabling issue)
3) back order of ONTs to attach to residence (equipment issue)
4) area is on BPON (18M internet Max) being upgraded to GPON (24 or 45 internet), upgrade not completed (engineering)
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 9 (595 Views)
Tutor

I understand the problem but not why it has to take so long. I get no answers from AT&T. A month and a half and still nothing. Unacceptable! I'm on the phone everyday with no results
Message 4 of 9 (515 Views)
Tutor

Its for internet service
Message 5 of 9 (514 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Hello BartD,

I'm sorry about the delay you are experiencing with your installation due to a facilities issue. I can help you investigate this further and help with the completion of your U-verse install. I sent you a private message to discuss your account further.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 9 (500 Views)

I'm having the same exact problem I was wondering BartD if they had resolved your problem yet??? I ordered mine in mid April this is June and still waiting for the facilities Issue to be resolved it is very annoying and I'm hoping that your was resolved meaning that eventually mine will be as well. 

Message 7 of 9 (404 Views)

Hello BartD Did you ever get your Uverse Installed? I'm still waiting for mine it has been over a month and a half and starting to lose faith.......Thank You for your time
Message 8 of 9 (403 Views)
Contributor

I'm having the same problem with them. I spent all day on...

I'm having the same problem with them. I spent all day on the phone with them and have yet to get a direct answer. One rep told me that it was a wiring issue. The funny part about my problem is that when i placed the order the first time, it said there was existing service here. Same thing happened to the agent when she re-ordered due to them cancelling because of the "facilities issue". Now when i call to get status updates, they just give me the run around. I work from home and go to school online and right now ATT is making me lose a lot of business.
Message 9 of 9 (286 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.