Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 12, 2013
6:32:36 AM
View profile
equipment

A few technical questions:

My home already has fiber to the premises does a new installation require all new equipment?

iE router and new tranceiver (fiber to ethernet).

Will the router include wireless N so that I can acheive useful speeds without having to rewire the whole house?

A few technical questions:

My home already has fiber to the premises does a new installation require all new equipment?

iE router and new tranceiver (fiber to ethernet).

Will the router include wireless N so that I can acheive useful speeds without having to rewire the whole house?

equipment

14 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(14)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2013 7:16:06 AM
(0)
Community Support
Edited by ATTU-verseCare on Dec 12, 2013 at 7:24:29 AM

Hello Hogrider2012!

Thank you for posting in the GigaPower Forum. The service is provided using the NVG589 Residential Gateway which includes Wireless N. You will also receive the upgraded DVR Pace IPH8010 - 1TB. Since your home already has fiber to the premise it will will include the replacement of some connections on the side of your home. 

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

Hello Hogrider2012!

Thank you for posting in the GigaPower Forum. The service is provided using the NVG589 Residential Gateway which includes Wireless N. You will also receive the upgraded DVR Pace IPH8010 - 1TB. Since your home already has fiber to the premise it will will include the replacement of some connections on the side of your home. 

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: equipment

[ Edited ]
2 of 15 (1,070 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2013 7:17:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

ATTU-verseCare wrote:

Hello Hogrider2012!

...You will also receive the upgraded DVR Pace IPH8005 - 500GB. ...

The press release indicates a new 1 TB DVR.

ATTU-verseCare wrote:

Hello Hogrider2012!

...You will also receive the upgraded DVR Pace IPH8005 - 500GB. ...

The press release indicates a new 1 TB DVR.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 15 (1,070 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2013 7:25:38 AM
(0)
Community Support

Thank you ACE - Master

Need more help?

Thank you ACE - Master

Need more help?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 15 (1,066 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2013 12:28:19 PM
(0)
Tutor

I had my installation done yesterday and they did NOT replace my DVR.  Did they forget something?

Thanks,

-rr

I had my installation done yesterday and they did NOT replace my DVR.  Did they forget something?

Thanks,

-rr

5 of 15 (973 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2013 5:44:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

So you did an upgrade?  Hm... good question.  I wonder if @ATTU-verseCare has the answer whether upgrades automatically are entitled to the 1 TB DVR?

You would have lost everything you had recorded; would that have been okay with you?

So you did an upgrade?  Hm... good question.  I wonder if @ATTU-verseCare has the answer whether upgrades automatically are entitled to the 1 TB DVR?

You would have lost everything you had recorded; would that have been okay with you?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 15 (931 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2013 5:51:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

With the new service and speeds there should be an option added to back up your DVR to the cloud so when a new DVR is needed do an upload, change DVR, then download shows back!!

Now that would be sweet!!

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

With the new service and speeds there should be an option added to back up your DVR to the cloud so when a new DVR is needed do an upload, change DVR, then download shows back!!

Now that would be sweet!!

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

7 of 15 (927 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2013 5:56:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

And of course, that shouldn't count against your 1 TB HSI traffic cap, should it?

And of course, that shouldn't count against your 1 TB HSI traffic cap, should it?

8 of 15 (922 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2013 6:23:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Correct!!  Didn't think about that though.........Wonder how AT&T would manage that?  Maybe set up an IP for that purpose and not monitor it for usage?

Correct!!  Didn't think about that though.........Wonder how AT&T would manage that?  Maybe set up an IP for that purpose and not monitor it for usage?

9 of 15 (920 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2013 6:31:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I think it could be handled by having that traffic peeled off to AT&T's private network--like IPTV traffic is--instead of going through HSI routing.

But rather than do this, I think it would be more likely that they'd move to cloud-based DVR storage.  Removes the hard drive from the home DVR, lowering a per-subscriber fixed cost and maintenance issue.

I think it could be handled by having that traffic peeled off to AT&T's private network--like IPTV traffic is--instead of going through HSI routing.

But rather than do this, I think it would be more likely that they'd move to cloud-based DVR storage.  Removes the hard drive from the home DVR, lowering a per-subscriber fixed cost and maintenance issue.

10 of 15 (916 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2013 10:16:19 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello @rrinn 

I'm sorry to hear that your DVR wasn't upgraded during the install but, I'll be glad to help you with this issue. I'm going to send you a Private Message that will land in your inbox and we will move forward from there. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS

- ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello @rrinn 

I'm sorry to hear that your DVR wasn't upgraded during the install but, I'll be glad to help you with this issue. I'm going to send you a Private Message that will land in your inbox and we will move forward from there. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS

- ATTU-verseCare

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

11 of 15 (907 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2013 6:54:21 PM
(0)
Employee
Considering reports of people losing data on the cloud, just another complaint waiting to happen ....
"Wheres my recording on the cloud dvr, should have just left physical dvr in home, etc."

While I believe will be eventually cloud based, would prefer external hard drive plugged into RG, and expect more wireless receivers, reducing install time, customer abilities to install self ,and so on.

Also as plant ages, labor and bennies continue to raise would not be surprised if go the mini dish route aimed at vrad....but just my thoughts
Considering reports of people losing data on the cloud, just another complaint waiting to happen ....
"Wheres my recording on the cloud dvr, should have just left physical dvr in home, etc."

While I believe will be eventually cloud based, would prefer external hard drive plugged into RG, and expect more wireless receivers, reducing install time, customer abilities to install self ,and so on.

Also as plant ages, labor and bennies continue to raise would not be surprised if go the mini dish route aimed at vrad....but just my thoughts

12 of 15 (888 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2013 10:07:09 PM
(0)
Tutor

I had an install done today, the tech gave me the IPH8005 box instead of the IPH8010. Guess I have to contact support to get it swapped out right the correct one?

I had an install done today, the tech gave me the IPH8005 box instead of the IPH8010. Guess I have to contact support to get it swapped out right the correct one?

13 of 15 (814 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2013 11:18:59 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi kainlan,

I apologize about the inconveniences, but I will be happy to get the box swapped out fo you. Our team will send you a private message to get this setup for you.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi kainlan,

I apologize about the inconveniences, but I will be happy to get the box swapped out fo you. Our team will send you a private message to get this setup for you.

-David T

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

14 of 15 (774 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2013 11:32:24 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi kainlan,

We have received your message and look forward to working with you to get this resolved.

-David T

Need more help?

Hi kainlan,

We have received your message and look forward to working with you to get this resolved.

-David T

Need more help?

15 of 15 (765 Views)