eliminate duplicate recording of a series

Tutor

eliminate duplicate recording of a series

how do you eliminate multiple copies of a recording(one in hd and one in sd) when recording a series 

Message 1 of 7 (388 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: eliminate duplicate recording of a series

bobn27613 - How did you schedule this recording? A series recording selects a showing on only one channel. An HD channel has a number 1000 higher than the SD version. These two statements cannot result in duplicate SD/HD recording.
Is it possible that you were presented the two records (SD & HD) as a result of a search & you set up a recording on each one?
What showing was it & how did you do it & I will try to duplicate it.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7 (381 Views)
Scholar

Just curious, did you schedule it via the web? I notice the settings for that defaults to an 'All Channel' option that I believe is not available on the set top box (STB).

Message 3 of 7 (338 Views)
Scholar

PotatoeGuru wrote:

Just curious, did you schedule it via the web? I notice the settings for that defaults to an 'All Channel' option that I believe is not available on the set top box (STB).

This is correct, just checked it out.

Don't have enough DVR space right now to check this out, but can anyone report back on this follow-up:

If you DO schedule via online, and select "All Channels" (which is the default), it presumably would find all instances where the program occurs and record them.  Do all of the recordings go into ONE folder on the DVR, or are they in separate folders based on what channel they're from?

Say you set up one of the "Law & Order" versions, which could appear on any NBCUniversal network or on a local broadcaster in syndication.  Would there be separate folders for the ones that are on CLOO, the local one, and say USA -- and additionally SD ones separate from the HD ones; or are they all in one folder?

Would be a neat trick if you could actually get them all in one folder on the DVR, but something tells me it wouldn't work that way in MediaRoom.

Message 4 of 7 (319 Views)
Tutor

so  as an example if I record the series 'Jepoady' I get 2 recodings each day, one in HD(which is what I want) and another in SD which is not what i want. I must be missing something 

Message 5 of 7 (301 Views)
ACE - Expert

bobn4907 - I do not see in the thread a description of how you are scheduling the recording. Please post that description.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 7 (298 Views)
Tutor

thanks; it is working correctly now; i did schedule from the web

PotatoeGuru wrote:

Message 7 of 7 (243 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.