View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2014 8:16:34 PM
(0)
Employee
First does the receiver have a green link light on, showing a connection to RG. No check wiring connection, unplug, reattach, reboot RG.

Yes, Uverse errors recently changed fro,RED X, no dots, one dot, two dots or three dots to a numbering system that goes into the teens. Regardless of the number the basic concepts are same as before.....

1) STANDARD reboot, unplug , replug OR hold POWER button for ten seconds seconds.

2) DR disaster recovery, unplug, plug when three dots appear, unplug , replug total three times. This allows unit to upgrade to new software and apply software. Will see one gear, followed by two gears.

3) FR factory reset, wipes out hard drive if DVR... Factory reset for boxes...depress power, ok, down arrow 10~15 seconds, release power continue to hold ok, down till front panel lights flash three times..release buttons...single gear two gears, will auto reboot come back in 15 minutes see if can record, pause playback...NOTE on DVR this will reformat HD loss all recordings.

4) replace the receiver, if above items do not resolve then equipment swap either can have shipped or request tech visit. If suspect possible wiring issue encourage the tech visit.
First does the receiver have a green link light on, showing a connection to RG. No check wiring connection, unplug, reattach, reboot RG.

Yes, Uverse errors recently changed fro,RED X, no dots, one dot, two dots or three dots to a numbering system that goes into the teens. Regardless of the number the basic concepts are same as before.....

1) STANDARD reboot, unplug , replug OR hold POWER button for ten seconds seconds.

2) DR disaster recovery, unplug, plug when three dots appear, unplug , replug total three times. This allows unit to upgrade to new software and apply software. Will see one gear, followed by two gears.

3) FR factory reset, wipes out hard drive if DVR... Factory reset for boxes...depress power, ok, down arrow 10~15 seconds, release power continue to hold ok, down till front panel lights flash three times..release buttons...single gear two gears, will auto reboot come back in 15 minutes see if can record, pause playback...NOTE on DVR this will reformat HD loss all recordings.

4) replace the receiver, if above items do not resolve then equipment swap either can have shipped or request tech visit. If suspect possible wiring issue encourage the tech visit.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: dvr operating fine, second receiver connected by ethernet gives red x #3

2 of 3 (198 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 2:44:24 PM
(0)
Employee

Hi @kcrislip44 

Just checking up on your post. I noticed that 'My Thoughts' shared some great suggestions to help resolve this issue. Are you still seeing the Red X on your screen? If so, feel free to respond to the Private Message that I sent to your inbox and I'll be glad to help you replace the receiver. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi @kcrislip44 

Just checking up on your post. I noticed that 'My Thoughts' shared some great suggestions to help resolve this issue. Are you still seeing the Red X on your screen? If so, feel free to respond to the Private Message that I sent to your inbox and I'll be glad to help you replace the receiver. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: dvr operating fine, second receiver connected by ethernet gives red x #3

3 of 3 (161 Views)