double digits

Tutor

double digits

When I call my bank's automated service, I'm prompted to enter my PIN.    When I do, the system sees "double digits".   Example:   If my PIN is 1234, the system detects 11223344.    This only happens on my u-verse phone.   When I call from any other line, it works fine.   Has anyone else experienced this?

Message 1 of 11 (273 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: double digits

jbenal53 - Does your phone have a mute button? Try pressing the mute button before entering the PIN. If that does not work, post your phone model so I can look up the manual.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 11 (261 Views)
Tutor

Yes, there's a mute button.   I tried this but I get the same result.  

Message 3 of 11 (248 Views)
Tutor

Phone model is Panasonic KX-TG2336
Message 4 of 11 (247 Views)
ACE - Expert

jbenal53 - Can you try the phone on a different line & a different phone on this line?

Do you dial manually or automatic?
Try manual - fast slow
Try automatic & add pauses

I see an option called key tones. If it is not off, try off.

Have you tried handsets and base speakerphone?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 11 (239 Views)
Tutor

Can you try the phone on a different line & a different phone on this line? - I tried a Panasonic KX-TG9331T also.   Same result. 

Do you dial manually or automatic?  - Manual
Try manual - fast slow
Try automatic & add pauses -  Tried Automatic.   Same result.

I see an option called key tones. If it is not off, try off.  - Set key tones to "off".   Same result.

Have you tried handsets and base speakerphone? - Tried both handset and speakersphone.   Same result.

Message 6 of 11 (227 Views)
ACE - Expert

jbenal53 - Must be a problem upstream that you have to report to at&t. You could try a reboot of the RG by pulling the power for a minute.
Message 7 of 11 (221 Views)
Tutor

I attempted a power down and reboot of the RG.    No change.  

Message 8 of 11 (208 Views)

jbenal53 wrote:

When I call my bank's automated service, I'm prompted to enter my PIN.    When I do, the system sees "double digits".   Example:   If my PIN is 1234, the system detects 11223344.    This only happens on my u-verse phone.   When I call from any other line, it works fine.   Has anyone else experienced this?

A few more questions, sorry.

How long have you had your Uverse service?

Has this been happening since you've had your Uverse service, or did it just start?

Does this only happen with your bank, or with any service that requires entering numbers, like voicemail?

Do you ever hear an echo of your voice when talking on the Uverse service?

If it's just your bank, then you should call them and report your issue. Could be an echo caused by the bank's PBX system or from passing through an overseas call center. I've noticed somtimes when I call certain large customer service departments that I can occaisionally hear my own voice echo with about a third to half second delay, though I've never had a problem entering numbers, but I have a POTS phone, not VOIP.

If it happens with anyplace you call, it's definately an AT&T issue. I know a bridgetap on your line can cause signal echo, but not sure whether it would manifest itself it this fashion. Maybe your line has some other issue that is causing the modem to resend every data packet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 9 of 11 (187 Views)
Tutor

How long have you had your Uverse service?

3 months

Has this been happening since you've had your Uverse service, or did it just start?

It happened from day 1 when I transitioned from AT&T home voice service to u-verse.     The problem resolved somehow for several weeks, then reappeared earlier this month.

Does this only happen with your bank, or with any service that requires entering numbers, like voicemail?

All services that require me to enter numbers

Do you ever hear an echo of your voice when talking on the Uverse service?

I never hear an echo

Message 10 of 11 (161 Views)
Highlighted

You could try a "factory reset" if you have not yet. With the modem plugged in, press and hold the reset button for 15 seconds, then release. You might need a toothpick or an unfolded paperclip to get at the reset button.

If that does not help you can send a private message to the escalation team at ATTU-verseCare and someone should get in touch with you within a couple days to help you get a resolution to your problems.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.  List Private Messages

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 11 of 11 (143 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.