does home phone minutes rollover?

Teacher

does home phone minutes rollover?

to reduce my bill I switched to to 250 minutes for my u verse home phone service. anyway I forgot to ask if the minutes rollover like at&t cell service when you don't use the minutes?

Message 1 of 8 (716 Views)
Expert

Re: does home phone minutes rollover?

No, the minutes do not roll over.  This is VOIP not cell phone service.

Message 2 of 8 (715 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

I realize voip isn't cell service I just wondered if they did the rollover thing with it since it's at&t anyway thanks for answering my question
Message 3 of 8 (707 Views)
Scholar

Tryhing to locate info on Voip - as to what calls are counted and what ones are not - such as 800's

Thanks for any reply

Message 4 of 8 (604 Views)
Teacher

If you are referring to calls that are counted towards your minute use "all calls are counted" no matter if its a 800 number or not hope that helps
Message 5 of 8 (597 Views)
Teacher

Also, can anyone finally answer whether or not incoming calls counts with the 250 plan in regard to HOME PHONE (not cell) . There are always posts that say "yes it does, no it doesnt, yes it does, no it doesnt. What is the final correct answer? someone PM me with it in addition to posting it, if you can, thanks
Message 6 of 8 (557 Views)
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

Tone303 -
This link specifies that the minutes are NOT rolled over. It is silent on incoming and "800" calls. Click on the NOs & leave a message to specify the deficiency -
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401871#fbid=dmHRbWpZtsY

Also, send a PM to attcustomercare via this link requesting an official answer & publishing that answer in the link.
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Also, it should specify whether or not calls to other U-verse voice customers are counted.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 8 (549 Views)
Employee

The 250 plan really is a backup phone, unless calling or receiving call from other uverse voip accounts (or 800 numbers dial out) all minutes are counted and rounded up to next minute. If anticipated use is less than one hour per week on phone way better off to spend extra $10 for unlimited plan.
1)why at $.05/minute overage charge gets you another 200 minutes to be at unlimited rate anything over is now more expensive.
2) peace of mind, bill amount same each month versus possible varied based on usage.

Summary, 250 plan great as backup, in case of emergency or to get lower bundle pricing otherwise go with unlimited if regular make and receive calls on home phone.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 8 (537 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.