does Uverse Gigapower require rewiring of the house?

Contributor

does Uverse Gigapower require rewiring of the house?

Now that Gigapower is available in Austin I decided to sign up. Why not? I am actually saving some money .

I currently have At&t Uverse so I want to know if this upgrade will require any rewiring? I have been told that I needed a hard line in the house and only the particular PC/laptop plugged  into it will be recieving the fast internet. Is that true? I actually don't have any devices hard wired . All my devices are wireless.

Tech is scheduled to come out next week and I do not want any holes in my house and no wires ran along baseboards.

Any info would be greatly appeciated.

M

Message 1 of 3 (1,175 Views)
Community Manager

Re: does Uverse Gigapower require rewiring of the house?

Hello, mpapara!

Thanks for posting. If you already have U-verse and are not experiencing any problems with it, the tech should not have to do any rewiring.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (1,159 Views)
Highlighted

Re: does Uverse Gigapower require rewiring of the house?

Existing u-verse customers served by copper (from VRAD to living unit) - for gigapower to become available, is at&t going to run fiber from VRAD to house?. Thanks.

Message 3 of 3 (439 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.