Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 27, 2013
9:02:12 AM
View profile
does Uverse Gigapower require rewiring of the house?

Now that Gigapower is available in Austin I decided to sign up. Why not? I am actually saving some money .

I currently have At&t Uverse so I want to know if this upgrade will require any rewiring? I have been told that I needed a hard line in the house and only the particular PC/laptop plugged  into it will be recieving the fast internet. Is that true? I actually don't have any devices hard wired . All my devices are wireless.

Tech is scheduled to come out next week and I do not want any holes in my house and no wires ran along baseboards.

Any info would be greatly appeciated.

M

Now that Gigapower is available in Austin I decided to sign up. Why not? I am actually saving some money .

I currently have At&t Uverse so I want to know if this upgrade will require any rewiring? I have been told that I needed a hard line in the house and only the particular PC/laptop plugged  into it will be recieving the fast internet. Is that true? I actually don't have any devices hard wired . All my devices are wireless.

Tech is scheduled to come out next week and I do not want any holes in my house and no wires ran along baseboards.

Any info would be greatly appeciated.

M

does Uverse Gigapower require rewiring of the house?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2013 9:44:40 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, mpapara!

Thanks for posting. If you already have U-verse and are not experiencing any problems with it, the tech should not have to do any rewiring.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, mpapara!

Thanks for posting. If you already have U-verse and are not experiencing any problems with it, the tech should not have to do any rewiring.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: does Uverse Gigapower require rewiring of the house?

2 of 3 (1,108 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2014 9:50:33 AM
(0)
Tutor

Existing u-verse customers served by copper (from VRAD to living unit) - for gigapower to become available, is at&t going to run fiber from VRAD to house?. Thanks.

Existing u-verse customers served by copper (from VRAD to living unit) - for gigapower to become available, is at&t going to run fiber from VRAD to house?. Thanks.

Re: does Uverse Gigapower require rewiring of the house?

3 of 3 (388 Views)