Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 19, 2013
8:54:19 PM
configure my wireless stb to connect to neibors WAP

Hello my neibor also has uverse. him and i were wondering if i can connect my wireless stb to his wap and pick up his service..   we tried looking in the routher menu.  we are no network techs.

also  what will conneting the wap directly to the rg do?  what will connecting the wap to the pc do?

Hello my neibor also has uverse. him and i were wondering if i can connect my wireless stb to his wap and pick up his service..   we tried looking in the routher menu.  we are no network techs.

also  what will conneting the wap directly to the rg do?  what will connecting the wap to the pc do?

configure my wireless stb to connect to neibors WAP

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2013 9:13:35 PM
(0)
Employee
Your wireless STB is registered to your account, will not work on a different account.
To try what you are suggesting, the neighbor would need to add a wifi STB to his account on his WAP and then give it to you to try in your unit using his service

The WAP should already be directly connected to the RG via an Ethernet cable.
Attempts to connect WAP to pc, will not work.
May connect WAP to gig switch that the pc is also connected on with switch connected to RG providing signal.
Your wireless STB is registered to your account, will not work on a different account.
To try what you are suggesting, the neighbor would need to add a wifi STB to his account on his WAP and then give it to you to try in your unit using his service

The WAP should already be directly connected to the RG via an Ethernet cable.
Attempts to connect WAP to pc, will not work.
May connect WAP to gig switch that the pc is also connected on with switch connected to RG providing signal.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: configure my wireless stb to connect to neibors WAP

2 of 2 (257 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments