Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 13, 2014
8:08:40 PM
View profile
complaints

I was charged 300.00 to my bank account from at&t, I called them and we both established the fact that it was not credited to my bill but to some unknown bill are either someone purchased a device with my debit card. I was given a case number and told to fax a copy of my bank statement with on the bank letter head which was done from the bank. The rep was told about additional charges I was being charged from returned items to expedite the process, keep in mind that I'm out of 300.00 until they decide to reverse the charges plus I'm being charged for NSF fees for items as small as 5.00, at this point I'm at -378.00 all because they wouldn't reverse this fraudulent are customer care associate mistake.To top it off I've been a customer for 18+ yr, explain my dissatisfaction was asked if I would like to opt. out contract for 600.00, smh. Every call made to at&t I have to explain this situation and it all ends with "We have established a case # and someone will get back with you from the escalations dept.".

I was charged 300.00 to my bank account from at&t, I called them and we both established the fact that it was not credited to my bill but to some unknown bill are either someone purchased a device with my debit card. I was given a case number and told to fax a copy of my bank statement with on the bank letter head which was done from the bank. The rep was told about additional charges I was being charged from returned items to expedite the process, keep in mind that I'm out of 300.00 until they decide to reverse the charges plus I'm being charged for NSF fees for items as small as 5.00, at this point I'm at -378.00 all because they wouldn't reverse this fraudulent are customer care associate mistake.To top it off I've been a customer for 18+ yr, explain my dissatisfaction was asked if I would like to opt. out contract for 600.00, smh. Every call made to at&t I have to explain this situation and it all ends with "We have established a case # and someone will get back with you from the escalations dept.".

complaints

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2014 5:15:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by BeeBeeSA on Jan 14, 2014 at 5:18:08 AM

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

Thay can get this squared away for you.  To prevent this in the future I would recommend that you stop any auto pay and go to paperless billing.  You will receive an email each month with a link to log-in and pay your balance due.  Once set up, it only takes 2 or 3 mouse clicks to submit your payment and doing it this way allows YOU to have control of when you submit the payment and for how much.

If your forced to be on Auto Pay due to some sort of credit issues then I suppose your stuck with the current arrangement until that improves.

If it was just fraud on your bank card then your bank should reverse the charges and credit your account?

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

Thay can get this squared away for you.  To prevent this in the future I would recommend that you stop any auto pay and go to paperless billing.  You will receive an email each month with a link to log-in and pay your balance due.  Once set up, it only takes 2 or 3 mouse clicks to submit your payment and doing it this way allows YOU to have control of when you submit the payment and for how much.

If your forced to be on Auto Pay due to some sort of credit issues then I suppose your stuck with the current arrangement until that improves.

If it was just fraud on your bank card then your bank should reverse the charges and credit your account?

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: complaints

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2014 7:19:06 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello rodhughes,

Thank you for posting, we received your private message and one of our managers will contact you soon to help.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello rodhughes,

Thank you for posting, we received your private message and one of our managers will contact you soon to help.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: complaints

3 of 3 (253 Views)