Ask a question

Posted Apr 2, 2014
    4:37:45 PM
    View profile
    charge for piece of equipment service technician took

I'm beyond frustrated. We sold our home in December. Upon moving, we accidentally left a router in the house. Once we received a notice from AT&T and realized what we had done, we immediately contacted our realtor, who in turn contacted the realtor of the buyers so that we could pick up the piece of equipment we left so we could return it. In the mean time, the folks that bought our home had AT&T come out and hook service up for them. They informed us that the technician took the piece of equipment with him. So, I contacted ATT to let them know what was going on. After going in CIRCLES (after NO LESS than 6 seperate phone calls over several days) getting absolutely no where with the "friendly" AT&T reps, I had to contact my realtor AGAIN and have him contact the buyers AGAIN to see if they could give me anything... The technician's number, the date he came out, ANYTHING. They were able to supply me with an email they received from the technician after he had set up service for them. In the email, he supplied his manager's email and number as well as his own. I started with the manager (Steve Walters). I called him AND left messages with him and got no response. Then, I contacted the service technician who set up service and took the piece of equipment (Samir Kapadia). I was able to reach him by phone. He told me to just tell the billing dept. that the piece of missing equipment was taken by him and returned to the distribution center. So... that's what I did. And it has gotten me absolutely NO WHERE! I'm now receiving debt collection letters about this. What really frustrates me the most is that I'M THE CUSTOMER yet I'M the one who has taken MY time to contact all these different departments to try to resolve this issue. After all my efforts to resolve the issue, I'm now going to be penalized via my credit. NOT ACCEPTABLE! Can anyone offer me any suggestions on how I can get this resolved? I'm really tired of dealing with it. 

charge for piece of equipment service technician took

2 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (2)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 2, 2014 5:05:30 PM
    (0)
    Employee

Hello your best bet is to directly contact the community managers and inform them of what's going on and they can help you specifically.  Items of information that will be helpful to community managers is the rg serial number because they can look it up in our system and verify it was received back into stock and your account number. 

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: charge for piece of equipment service technician took

2 of 3 (164 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 3, 2014 3:57:26 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: charge for piece of equipment service technician took

3 of 3 (133 Views)