Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Oct 21, 2013
4:41:41 PM
channel surfing now with frozen delay?

I recently tried to add 45/6 internet to my Uverse TV account.  For this, Uverse installed a new gateway.  Now when I channel surf (ch up or ch down on the remote), some channels have a noticeable frozen pause before playing.  Some channels behave perfectly smooth and fast.  Is this a new "feature" of Uverse, or is something wrong/different with my new gateway.

I recently tried to add 45/6 internet to my Uverse TV account.  For this, Uverse installed a new gateway.  Now when I channel surf (ch up or ch down on the remote), some channels have a noticeable frozen pause before playing.  Some channels behave perfectly smooth and fast.  Is this a new "feature" of Uverse, or is something wrong/different with my new gateway.

channel surfing now with frozen delay?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2013 5:56:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
AmazinglySmooth - One of the big advantages of U-verse over other digital sources is instant reception I have see posts of slow reception, but never for only some channels.

You might try a whole house reboot - Pull power on all U_verse devices. Replug RG, wait for all green. Replug DVR, wait for reception. Replug other STBs. Also, if you have COAX make sure all connections are tight. I would feel better about these if the problem aws with all channels. But, it cannot hurt to try.
Afte that, you will have to call in for repair.
AmazinglySmooth - One of the big advantages of U-verse over other digital sources is instant reception I have see posts of slow reception, but never for only some channels.

You might try a whole house reboot - Pull power on all U_verse devices. Replug RG, wait for all green. Replug DVR, wait for reception. Replug other STBs. Also, if you have COAX make sure all connections are tight. I would feel better about these if the problem aws with all channels. But, it cannot hurt to try.
Afte that, you will have to call in for repair.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: channel surfing now with frozen delay?

2 of 6 (342 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2013 7:33:30 AM
(0)
Scholar

Interestingly, last night the problem cleared itself.  I do see that my line rates are changing, so I wonder if the system is still constantly training the VDSL link.

Interestingly, last night the problem cleared itself.  I do see that my line rates are changing, so I wonder if the system is still constantly training the VDSL link.

3 of 6 (305 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2013 7:38:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by aviewer on Oct 22, 2013 at 7:41:28 AM

Could be. Do you have a 3801 RG? When my 3800 was replaced with a 3801 the first day was really bad, but it calmed down & has been great for 19 mos.

Could be. Do you have a 3801 RG? When my 3800 was replaced with a 3801 the first day was really bad, but it calmed down & has been great for 19 mos.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 6 (303 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2014 2:53:18 PM
(0)
Contributor

installed uverse in 11/2013. no problems. now, 03-20-2014, while channel surfing, some new channels show up black, frozen, or pixelating. others come in ok. if you wait long enough (10-60 seconds), the channel comes up. technician went to the vrad with my dvr and gateway -  eliminating all copper and same thing happened. dvr and gateway were changed and got same results. then 2 other techs at different vrads reported same problem. is there a problem in northeast ohio with the att network?

installed uverse in 11/2013. no problems. now, 03-20-2014, while channel surfing, some new channels show up black, frozen, or pixelating. others come in ok. if you wait long enough (10-60 seconds), the channel comes up. technician went to the vrad with my dvr and gateway -  eliminating all copper and same thing happened. dvr and gateway were changed and got same results. then 2 other techs at different vrads reported same problem. is there a problem in northeast ohio with the att network?

5 of 6 (199 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2014 12:08:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

orlowelake wrote:

Doubt if a regionwide issue.  Sounds like a local issue, such as interference, bad ground or similar.  I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.

orlowelake wrote:

Doubt if a regionwide issue.  Sounds like a local issue, such as interference, bad ground or similar.  I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.

6 of 6 (118 Views)