Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 25, 2013
10:50:22 PM
View profile
change default uverse startup channel (July 2013)

I see that Uverse has quietly done a software upgrade recently and now, whenever I power up the set top box, it defaults to On Demand instead of the last channel I was watching (as before).  How do I reset the default startup page to last channel instead of On Demand?

I see that Uverse has quietly done a software upgrade recently and now, whenever I power up the set top box, it defaults to On Demand instead of the last channel I was watching (as before).  How do I reset the default startup page to last channel instead of On Demand?

change default uverse startup channel (July 2013)

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2013 11:50:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I'd do a hard reboot by unplug/plug in power after 30 seconds. This will fix many DVR problems, let us know if it worked, good luck. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

I'd do a hard reboot by unplug/plug in power after 30 seconds. This will fix many DVR problems, let us know if it worked, good luck. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: change default uverse startup channel (July 2013)

2 of 5 (1,317 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2013 11:54:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I do not notice this behavior.  Mine starts up at the channel that I was on when I turned it off.

I do not notice this behavior.  Mine starts up at the channel that I was on when I turned it off.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (1,313 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2013 4:47:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

cajunfries wrote:

That is odd behavior and has nothing to do with the latest software upgrade. 

As stated, it should resume where ever you left it, whether it's a channel or the DVR/On Demand screen. 

Reboot.

cajunfries wrote:

That is odd behavior and has nothing to do with the latest software upgrade. 

As stated, it should resume where ever you left it, whether it's a channel or the DVR/On Demand screen. 

Reboot.

4 of 5 (1,278 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2013 8:25:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Hm... I have seen the guide start back at 1 lately, even though the channel being shown is the one I was last watching.

Hm... I have seen the guide start back at 1 lately, even though the channel being shown is the one I was last watching.

5 of 5 (1,206 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments