U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 12, 2013
4:42:13 PM
View profile
cancel uverse for poor service delivery

We have had UVERSE for almost a year. Top of the line tv and Internet.  Well, we are not happy.

Our Internet is running slow. We have had technicians come once or twice to test line and they say it is faster than my son finds when he tests the speed.

The uverse is far worse. We have had the boxes and modems replaced. We have had technicians to our house multiple times.  We must reboot the individual boxes daily and the modem at least weekly.  We have complained and once they took $50 off our bill. This last time we called. It was a Thursday and it took until Monday to get a technician.  We had not recorded tv for the weekend and no Internet.  \

We have called and run diagnostics online. At what point can we cancel the service without fear of reprisals, termination fees or anything else.  This is passed ridiculous.  

We have had UVERSE for almost a year. Top of the line tv and Internet.  Well, we are not happy.

Our Internet is running slow. We have had technicians come once or twice to test line and they say it is faster than my son finds when he tests the speed.

The uverse is far worse. We have had the boxes and modems replaced. We have had technicians to our house multiple times.  We must reboot the individual boxes daily and the modem at least weekly.  We have complained and once they took $50 off our bill. This last time we called. It was a Thursday and it took until Monday to get a technician.  We had not recorded tv for the weekend and no Internet.  \

We have called and run diagnostics online. At what point can we cancel the service without fear of reprisals, termination fees or anything else.  This is passed ridiculous.  

cancel uverse for poor service delivery

2 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2013 3:18:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I would recommend you send a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

I would recommend you send a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: cancel uverse for poor service delivery

2 of 3 (602 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2013 9:20:01 PM
(0)
Employee

Shortly after I first had U-verse installed, I was having a similar problem.  I subscribe to the 24 Mbps service, but was only getting 5 or 6 Mbps.  It turned out the problem was WiFi congestion in my apartment complex.  When my computer searches for networks, it finds 25+ available.  With that many different networks in the area, they are interfering with each other, since there are only about 10 channels to use.

The solution for me was to switch to a 5 Ghz network, of which there are only 2 in my area, so there's no more interference and I now show about 23-24 Mbps as my speed over WiFi.  

This may not resolve your problem, but it's worth taking a peek to see.  You can connect your computer directly to your Residential Gateway with an Ethernet cable and re-run the speed test.  If you show a good speed with that connection, the problem likely lies with the WiFi network.

-Christopher

As a note:  while I am an AT&T employee, I do not work in the U-verse area of the company and all comments from me are reflective of my personal experience as a U-verse customer.  I have no "inside knowledge" of anything regarding U-verse.

Shortly after I first had U-verse installed, I was having a similar problem.  I subscribe to the 24 Mbps service, but was only getting 5 or 6 Mbps.  It turned out the problem was WiFi congestion in my apartment complex.  When my computer searches for networks, it finds 25+ available.  With that many different networks in the area, they are interfering with each other, since there are only about 10 channels to use.

The solution for me was to switch to a 5 Ghz network, of which there are only 2 in my area, so there's no more interference and I now show about 23-24 Mbps as my speed over WiFi.  

This may not resolve your problem, but it's worth taking a peek to see.  You can connect your computer directly to your Residential Gateway with an Ethernet cable and re-run the speed test.  If you show a good speed with that connection, the problem likely lies with the WiFi network.

-Christopher

As a note:  while I am an AT&T employee, I do not work in the U-verse area of the company and all comments from me are reflective of my personal experience as a U-verse customer.  I have no "inside knowledge" of anything regarding U-verse.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: cancel uverse for poor service delivery

3 of 3 (553 Views)