call blocking maximum

Tutor

call blocking maximum

How do I increase the maximum number of calls blocked to 100?  The current maximum of 20 is way to low.

Message 1 of 7 (1,275 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: call blocking maximum

Blocks up to 1,500 telephone & fax numbers (up to 16 digits each).  Here is a website where they list the product.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7 (1,265 Views)
Tutor

BeeBee SA,

Thanks for the response regarding available blocking solutions outside of AT&T.  Since I'm paying about $25 / month for AT&T phone service I was looking for a solution from AT&T.  Hopefully AT&T will change there blocking call maximum to at least 100 since 20 is way to low.  Or maybe AT&T already has at least 100 but I simply don't know how to do it.  Anyone know how to get the max to more than 20 with AT&T ??

big321

Message 3 of 7 (1,238 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

20 is the max. 

Edit to add link: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401019#fbid=0OmFBsRZx6O

If you want more, as BeeBee posted, you will need to use something other than the option offered by ATT.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7 (1,225 Views)
Mentor

Yeah that sucks and is very limiting.  With as much as we are paying and all the other frills we get as part of the service, 20 seems like a joke.

Secondly, having all the phone stuff integrated into my U-Verse TV service, I can get into my account and list numbers called, etc. etc. on the screen.  It would be nice if right there on the screen I could pick out a number in my callers list and block it.  The interface to do this online is extremely clumsy and works terribly.  If I block a few numbers and save the list then remember a number I forgot, if I enter this new number in that wipes out my list I had put in earlier.

Message 5 of 7 (1,026 Views)
Voyager

How can we make AT&T take this more serious and increase the number to greater than 20?

I still believe that I could use the ability to sreen out area codes altogether.

Message 6 of 7 (699 Views)
Mentor

When you figure it out let me know, cause right now its a joke.

Message 7 of 7 (685 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.