bury cable

Contributor

bury cable

I had U-verse installed on 4 June and was told the exposed cable running from the ATT control box to my house woud be buried in 5 - 7 days. U-verse is working OK but the cable is still exposed. I called two weeks ago and was told the cable would be buried that afternoon. A later call said it woud be 4 - 5 weeks and a later later call said it would be 5 - 10 days. We experienced a severe lightning storm yesterday and another forecast for today, and the ATT cable is lying exposed in tall wet grass, and attached to my house. Our lawn service has been able to miss cutting the cable so far but the grass looks a mess. I am 85 and not too healthy so I cannot bury the cable my self. Will probably have to pay to have the ATT cable buried.  We are having a community meeting this evening, 126 units, and I will discuss this with the Board of Directors, if I attend, and ask that it be included in the minutes of the meeting after I apologize for the messy grass. Our community is  wired for community cable TV by Brighthouse and some that have upgraded their phone and IT have done so with Brighthouse. I may well be the last to do so with ATT.    

Message 1 of 2 (332 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: bury cable

[ Edited ]

It sounds like it would be best to do this:  I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

The cables are buried by an AT&T subcontractor so the subcontractor is probably the one at fault for not completing the job.  Click on the link above and they will take care of it for you.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (305 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.