Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 30, 2013
10:50:46 AM
View profile
broadband light is blinking red

My dad had our U-verse service installed a month ago, and the first week with service was great.  That didn't last long though.  It was a week and a half in, I left for school and all was good with Uverse still.  I received a phone call from my dad later that evening, inquiring about why the phones sounded busy.  When I got home I noticed that not only did they sound busy, but also the broadband light of the ngv510 modem, was blinking red.  Not a good sign!  My dad said he called ATT that same day and that they had him troubleshoot the modem, like unplugging it for a few seconds, etc etc... 

To make it a shorter story, as I said it's been about a month now, and we haven't been able to use the service.  ATT wanted to charge him 130$ to send a tech over, which seems ridiculous.  All the wiring inside the house is fine, just like it was on the first day, I see no reason to be charged so much to have someone tell me that the wiring is fine in the house. 

Anyway, I'm pretty sure ATT is still charging my dad for using the Uverse service, even though we haven't been able to touch it for so long.  Today I stumbled onto these forums and decided to come and ask for help here.  I need a second opinion on what can be done from our side.  I attempted to go to the default IP address of the ngv510.  I tried to reset just the internet connection but it then gave me an error that said "Authentication did not complete."  I have no idea what that means. 

And well, any help, tips and/or pointers are greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

My dad had our U-verse service installed a month ago, and the first week with service was great.  That didn't last long though.  It was a week and a half in, I left for school and all was good with Uverse still.  I received a phone call from my dad later that evening, inquiring about why the phones sounded busy.  When I got home I noticed that not only did they sound busy, but also the broadband light of the ngv510 modem, was blinking red.  Not a good sign!  My dad said he called ATT that same day and that they had him troubleshoot the modem, like unplugging it for a few seconds, etc etc... 

To make it a shorter story, as I said it's been about a month now, and we haven't been able to use the service.  ATT wanted to charge him 130$ to send a tech over, which seems ridiculous.  All the wiring inside the house is fine, just like it was on the first day, I see no reason to be charged so much to have someone tell me that the wiring is fine in the house. 

Anyway, I'm pretty sure ATT is still charging my dad for using the Uverse service, even though we haven't been able to touch it for so long.  Today I stumbled onto these forums and decided to come and ask for help here.  I need a second opinion on what can be done from our side.  I attempted to go to the default IP address of the ngv510.  I tried to reset just the internet connection but it then gave me an error that said "Authentication did not complete."  I have no idea what that means. 

And well, any help, tips and/or pointers are greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

broadband light is blinking red

3 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2013 11:50:29 AM
(0)
Employee
You need a tech out to diagnosis your issue. The quote for service is standard process, if issue is outside,no charge, if issue is inside billable. No way to determine without tech dispatched, call and schedule the appointment.
You need a tech out to diagnosis your issue. The quote for service is standard process, if issue is outside,no charge, if issue is inside billable. No way to determine without tech dispatched, call and schedule the appointment.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: broadband light is blinking red

2 of 4 (21,804 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2013 1:55:51 PM
(0)
Tutor

If you are polite and prepared with the best facts to help solve the problem, I suspect that AT&T will waive the charge, or a lot of it.  That was my experience.  It's worth a try. 

If you are polite and prepared with the best facts to help solve the problem, I suspect that AT&T will waive the charge, or a lot of it.  That was my experience.  It's worth a try. 

3 of 4 (21,788 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2013 4:56:17 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi RarelyRuby,

I greatly apologize for all the inconveniences. The charge is as my thoughts stated. I apologize if it was stated incorrectly or misinterpreted, but you will not be charged if the issue is with the U-verse equipment. With the blinking red broadband light, the one thing you definitely want to check is make sure all the wiring is connected properly and there are no cuts, bends, or any issues with it.

If you are still having issues, I definitely want to look further into this for you and handle it in the appropriate manner. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. 

Keep an eye on the at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi RarelyRuby,

I greatly apologize for all the inconveniences. The charge is as my thoughts stated. I apologize if it was stated incorrectly or misinterpreted, but you will not be charged if the issue is with the U-verse equipment. With the blinking red broadband light, the one thing you definitely want to check is make sure all the wiring is connected properly and there are no cuts, bends, or any issues with it.

If you are still having issues, I definitely want to look further into this for you and handle it in the appropriate manner. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. 

Keep an eye on the at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (21,773 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments