Helpful Links

battery back up

Contributor

battery back up

Hello all,

I have had U-Verse high speed internet for awhile. I just changed my home phone over to U-Verse Voice.

I did not receive a battery back up unit to keep my gateway up so I can use my phone in case of a power failure. Was I supposed to receive one?

I have contacted the AT&T sales department and they were unable to order it for me. They transferred me to the Tech department and they could not order it for me. I was then sent back to the sales department and was accidentally hung up on twice. I then chatted with an AT&T rep and they could only refer me to the Belkin website who provides the unit to AT&T. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
Employee

Re: battery back up

Which RG do you currently have?
The 510, 3600, 3800, 3801 all use a grey Belkin Battery Backup Unit (BBU). Normally on self install VOIP, the unit is shipped and you install, remove power brick between wall socket and RG, install BBU in its place...wall socket to RG.

If you have an inid with i38HG, on initial install provided a Fibersafe Battery.

In all cases replacement of the battery is your responsibility, you order, pay for and install

From Uverse terms of service VOIP

Power Outages and Backup Batteries. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT AT&T U-VERSEVOICE REQUIRES ELECTRICAL POWER TO FUNCTION AND THAT YOU THEREFORE MUST AT ALL TIMES MAINTAIN A WORKING BACKUP BATTERY FOR YOUR iNID, RG AND YOUR ONT (IF YOU HAVE ONE). YOU ACKNOWLEDGEAND UNDERSTAND THAT IT WILLTAKE APPROXIMATELY 18 HOURS TO CHARGE AN INITIALBACKUP BATTERY AFTER U-VERSEVOICE IS INSTALLED AND/OR AFTER A REPLACEMENT BATTERY IS INSTALLED. YOU ACKNOWLEDGEAND UNDERSTAND THAT TO CONSERVE BATTERY POWER DURING A POWER OUTAGE, YOU SHOULD NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THE BACKUP BATTERIES FOR ANY PURPOSE OTHER THAN TO POWER YOUR U-VERSE VOICE SERVICE(OR TO POWER YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION, FOR THE PURPOSEOF POWERING YOUR HOME ALARM, IF YOU HAVE AN IP-BASED HOME ALARM THAT USES AT&T U-VERSE HIGH SPEED INTERNET). YOU ACKNOWLEDGEAND UNDERSTAND THAT THE BACKUP BATTERIES INITIALLY SUPPLIED BY AT&T DO NOT PROVIDE POWER FOR CORDLESS PHONES AND THAT, IF YOU ARE USING A CORDLESS PHONE WITH YOUR AT&T U-VERSE VOICE SERVICE, A SEPARATEBACKUP BATTERY OR OTHER POWER SOURCE MAY BE REQUIRED IF THERE IS A POWER OUTAGE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGEAND UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLEFOR DETERMINING WHEN THE iNID, RG AND ONT BACKUP BATTERIES REQUIREREPLACEMENT AND FOR REPLACING AND RECYCLING USED BATTERIES IN ACCORDANCE WITH MANUFACTURER OR VENDOR DIRECTIONS.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

I have the 510

Message 3 of 5
Employee

Yes you should receive a BBU with voip services on a 510. Normally shipped direct, if not available within a week would request .

For info http://www.att.com/equipment/accessory-details/?q_categoryid=&q_sku=sku4920230&q_manufacturer=&q_mod...

The sole function is to provide up to 4 hours of operating time on the RG to make and receive phone calls providing you have a phone that does not need electricity.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Thank you very much for your help! I appreciate it.

Phil

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support