bait and switch

Contributor

bait and switch

I just signed up with you guys but after numerous calls my monthly payment changed every time, WHY, I spoke with your retention office and was chastised for calling so much and then was given a worse deal than the one I was offered by the previous customer service rep. this is frustrating considering I left Comcast specifically because of what I can afford then only to be given the same price at the end of the day. Bait and Switch...you guys should be ashamed of this practice.

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: bait and switch

Contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your problems. They are available M-F 8am-11pm EST. This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Bait and Switch -

what happened to signing up for a service and receiving what was originally agreed upon?

This is absurd that I have to go to such measures to just pay what I initially had offered. Which I have offered in an email that was sent to me by AT&T sales rep.

Since July 18, 2013 when our service was set up, I've encountered issues with my bill along with hours on the phone trying to have it corrected. After my last phone call today with the manager, I finally realized the extent of the bait and switch I unknowingly entered by going through AT&T.

Here what I was promised :

U300 U-Verse TV with free HD, Max Plus Internet 18.0mps and U-Verse unlimited talk. 

The price that was quoted by Javier is the $155 first time charge and $106 is the monthly reoccurring charges including the 12 month promotion. After the year the promotions will be dropped. The promotion also includes free HBO, Starz and Cinemax for three months.

In addition he mention that I get $150 gift card for signing in and another $150 gift card for being a wireless cell phone customer.

I asked him to send me an email with all these details to think about before signing up a contract and he did.

I agreed to the cost and details then completed the sign up.

From that point, When I called At&T to fill for my rebate and ask about every thing again, I was explained that the "rep" who completed my sign up "misquoted" the promotional rate that I wasn't suppose to be eligible for and also forgot to mention that I was entering a 1 year contract.

At no point did I verbally agree or sign off with a signature to the contract. I was informed yesterday that I should've received two pieces of mail and an email, which I NEVER received, that explained the contract and therein receiving them, I was agreeing to the terms. 

After I expressed my frustration to the rep and explained it is blatant BAIT AND SWITCH, I was offered a higher rate for the bundle and they could not give me what I was originally quoted.

Once I considered the option, I requested to speak to her supervisor. Once he was available, he offered his apologies but only could respond with the same offer as the rep before. Even after I expressed that this and all prior issues are moving me towards canceling my service, he didn't waiver in my options.

As the customer, it isn't my responsibility to make sure the rep who is handling my transaction is offering me the correct terms to a promotion. If he neglects to provide all the information, it should still be honored as agreed upon.

Again, this is blatant BAIT AND SWITCH. Offering a service at a lower cost to gain a customer and make them cancel their other TV sevice with other provider and then turning around to and up charging based off terms that weren't apart of the original agreement.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Message 3 of 4
Community Manager

Welcome haly2010 and thank you for your post.

I apologise you're not getting the rates you were promised. I'm personally not too familiar with U-Verse offers but we have a team of great managers that can take a look at your case for you and might be able to help clarify things. Please send us a private message by clicking here, please include your name, phone number and the best time you can be reached.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Dmitriy.

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support