att internet uverse

Tutor

att internet uverse

I just got off the phone with an AT&T rep, and it was the first time I've had poor customer service from them. I already signed the contract with U-verse internet at $14.95/month (everything was typed clearly in their log) and I got a first bill charging me with $41. I called att customer service 4 times to complain about the mistake. At last they gave me a case number and asked me to call back on Saturday if I don't receive any call back from them (since there will be managers there on Saturday in case they are not able to decide). I called today and spent amost an hour with the rep and finally they said "it's your internet price, you have to pay $41/month since you're not elegible for $14.95". I was shock and I asked what I should do now??? and they replied "do whatever your heart tells you but you can't have $14.95"....I asked to speak to manager and she said she did talk with her manager and manager said the same thing, she didn't let me speak to her manager. I asked her the phone number that I can call and explain my case, she gave me a number that when I called it said "this number was disconnected". I can't beleive it....Can somebody help me before I file a complaint with the FCC?

Thanks,

Cindy - 

Message 1 of 8 (396 Views)
Employee

Re: att internet uverse

Did you order phone (voip) service with your internet.

http://www.buyatt.com/availability/uverse-internet.aspx?cpid=38224&gclid=CMHk1aWMv7gCFaFFMgodsAEAzg

$14.95 internet is a one year price when bundled with voip. If you ordered internet only service (non bundled) pro then cost is $41

http://www.att.com/shop/internet.html.

If you believe you were tricked have 30 days to cancel, if you were misinformed now have been educated , may cancel or keep.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 8 (395 Views)
Tutor

Yes, I did order phone (voip) service with the internet. It took me almost 2 hours working with the rep when I switched to U-verse internet and phone bundle. I forced her to type eveything in the contract very detail since I know the first bill would be messed up; she read again for me that I bet the contract is so clear. 

Message 3 of 8 (387 Views)
Employee

The details of $14.95 internet

$14.95 Internet Offer: Offer available for new residential U-verse Internet customers only. Price for up to 3.0 Mbps Internet service after monthly bill credit. After12 months, standard rate applies unless canceled by customer. Qualifying AT&T home phone service required. Promotional rates may no longer apply if customer changes their speed tier during term. 12 month term required. Up to $180 early termination fee applies. Internet gateway required. Taxes apply. Up to $99 installation fee may apply. A $49 service activation fee may apply. U-verse internet price includes250 GB of data/mo. For more information, go to www.att.com/internet-usage. Speed claim(s)represent maximum downstream and/or upstream speed capabilities which may vary and are not guaranteed. Offer expires 7/27/13.

U-verse internet Pro and Voice250 for $39.95 per Month for 12 Months. One year term required. Regular price $63 per month
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 8 (382 Views)
Tutor

I am a new U-verse customer that is why the ATT rep gave me that price. The contract was agreed b/w 2 paties. What should I do now? This is the first time I faced with this issue. Thanks.

Message 5 of 8 (373 Views)
Employee

Cindy I do apologize, please understand I cannot help you direct just wanting to verify information. I work as a premise tech for the company but volunteer of my own time and experience here.

1) Full tech install...the install tech verified your order for internet and phones? The work order does not give pricing information so he/she could not verify package deal only the installation of services ordered. Wiring if needed completed, Your number was activited or transferred, the internet registered and tested.
2) Customer self install, tech provided sync to NID, you installed your own RG, registered internet and voip.
3) Existing customer with service already established changing plan.

If case 1 or 2 is correct please continue for resolution as monthly bill should be $39.95 plus fees and taxes.
If case 3 the offer is for new customers only but you bill should be higher than $41 with internet and voip
If new customer ordered bundle and then canceled voip...losing bundle pricing...restore to normal price internet only $41.

As you state your bill is $41 either did not receive bundle (no voip), or cancel voip after order placed. Hope this helps.
Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 8 (372 Views)
Tutor

Thank you so much for your help. My bill is almost $190 with the voip also. $41 is just for the U-verse internet that is not the correct amount in the contract. I dont want to pay the amount that is not the amount in the contract. I just want to speak to a manager who can help to solve this problem b/c it's not my fault but I dont know how to contact them Smiley Sad...

Message 7 of 8 (370 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

The bill has a section 'montly bundled charges showing regular charge of $41 for internet (subscribe service) is there a section called discount (26.05) netting $14.95

Some may recommend customer care with corresponding delay (no weekends, emails, pm's) but your bill has a due date don't want to be late

Recommend calling again, 1-800-288-2020, at prompt cancel or get rep ask for retentions. Their job is to keep you as a customer, hopefully resolved quickly, your no asking for special treatment just what is advertise and agreed to. Best
Employee Contributor*
Message 8 of 8 (363 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.