anyway to test sustained throughput?

anyway to test sustained throughput?

I feel that Uverse download speed is fast but only intermittently so.  How can I test the full speed?  I'm on the 45/6 plan.

Message 1 of 3 (429 Views)

Re: anyway to test sustained throughput?

I found this site:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/download.html

For the 200MB file, I see the speed on my "45M" line go from 800KB/s to 1700KB/s.  This seems a far cry from the 5600KB/s I could hope to see.  Is this site fast for you?

Message 2 of 3 (426 Views)
Highlighted
Community Support

Re: anyway to test sustained throughput?

Hi AmazinglySmooth,

I have not found a good way to test sustained throughput besides by connecting to another known device whether it'd be through a p2p or ftp client. You can try downloading from a file server site, but that's not always guaranteed either. I tried the site you suggested and was only getting 500KB/s, while when I download from my company site I go 2.5MB/s, so I think there is a bottleneck on thinkbroadband.com.

One thing worth trying, if thinkbroadband is able to support it, is start multiple downloads and add it all together.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (403 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.