Yay Nascar is back!!!

ACE - Master

Yay Nascar is back!!!

Bud Shootout tonight, twin quailifiers on Thursday, and the big bad Dantona 500 next Sunday!!

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 48

Re: Yay Nascar is back!!!

Been watching practice all morning.  Glad to have it back. Go Jr.!

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 2 of 48
ACE - Expert

Glad it's back, filling my 1216 up w/all practices Fri (shootout practice)/Sat (actually 500 practice), Nascar Lives.

My long time favorite is Jeff Gordon, recent favorite Carl Edwards. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 48
ACE - Master

re: Bud Shootout.  Jeff Gordon must have thought that he was racing at Anderson Speedway or the Indianapolis Speedrome.  Kind of bull hockey type of move, trying to get Shrub out of the way but for once, he got caught up in his own mess.  Glad that he's okay.  Shrub seems to be the man, at least on Saturday night - from a Jack to a King.

I finished watching the ARCA race, Sunday night, on DVR.  That is a scary race - as there were 24 newcomers to Daytona.  Smiley Surprised  Luckilly no injuries (or worse, thinking about Slick Johnson).  At any rate, as good as the Shootout as Bobby Gearhart who wins more often at Daytona than not, came from fifth to first in less than a 1000 feet, as folks were running out of gas and checking up.

Message 4 of 48

Got my DVR set for the Twin 125s, is NASCAR or Speed network going to be streaming them this year?  I'm on chat support at work so I can watch them on my 2nd computer.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 5 of 48
ACE - Master

The last two years I have been able to work from home, on Thursday's when the Duals were on (Smiley Wink seriously Smiley Wink) but I'll have to be here, tomorrow.  I can either try to checkout Raceview or ESPN's tracker on my smartphone OR try not to here any results and watch it on DVR.

I hope that he's not right but Regan Smith predicted lots of carnage, this weekend.  I hate to say it but the two car tandems might be safer than pack racing and the "Big One(s)". Smiley Surprised

Message 6 of 48
ACE - Expert

Just a quick note, the Original Air Date has been wrong for Sprint Cup races on Fox, if the series is set for first-run only, change it to first-run and re-runs and will pick them up automatically.  It will not pickup the re-runs on Speed and no re-runs on local Fox channel.

Watching the Duels 2d practice before I go to work. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

Message 7 of 48
ACE - Master

mibrnsurg wrote:

Just a quick note, the Original Air Date has been wrong for Sprint Cup races on Fox, if the series is set for first-run only, change it to first-run and re-runs and will pick them up automatically.  It will not pickup the re-runs on Speed and no re-runs on local Fox channel.

Watching the Duels 2d practice before I go to work. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Thanks!  I thought that I had checked those, last weekend.  Maybe not.  I sent Alex this PM.

Alex, Chris has pointed out that NASCAR Sprint Cup dates for local FOX stations are wrong.  Anyone who thought that their setup from last season, who had "first run only," will not have races record this year.

This Sunday's Daytona 500 (Feb 26, 2012) has an OAD of 2/20/2011, which was last year's date.  Next week's race (3/4/12) has an OAD of 2/27/2011.

Please run this issue up whatever flagpole necessary to avoid some unhappy folks.  This highlights that the Guide provider that AT&T uses is pretty bad - even if FOX sent in bad info, someone should have caught this as the Daytona 500 is one of the top 10 sporting events in the US.

Message 8 of 48
Employee

Avoid having a buch of Race Fans mad at you at all costs. Really nice people any other time except when you have messed with their racing enjoyment.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 48
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

One thing they started this year was pretty cool, the ghosting comparison of cars during qualification.

It was pretty cool to see the comparison of Carl Edwards to both Jr and the Biff's path they took and where Carl was just a bit better on the track. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Message 10 of 48
ACE - Master

mibrnsurg wrote:

One thing they started this year was pretty cool, the ghosting comparison of cars during qualification.

It was pretty cool to see the comparison of Carl Edwards to both Jr and the Biff's path they took and where Carl was just a bit better on the track. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

I used to have a Playstation (one / first itiration) and a rally game.  That also had a ghosting playback feature, where you could comparew your two laps. 

Nice for qualifying but it could also be used for looking at lines around the track, during the race.  Cool.

Message 11 of 48

Did you see who has the pole for tomorrows Nationwide race,  Go Daddy Danica, best of 49 cars!

Message 12 of 48
ACE - Expert

Too bad she crashed after the 88 bumped her and ended up 38 laps behind in 37th when she came back out.   It was pretty crash-filled and have to think we will see similar happenings in the 500 tomorrow. Smiley Wink

Chris

Message 13 of 48
ACE - Expert

dhascall wrote:

mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

I used to have a Playstation (one / first itiration) and a rally game.  That also had a ghosting playback feature, where you could comparew your two laps. 

Nice for qualifying but it could also be used for looking at lines around the track, during the race.  Cool.

Unluckily it was done by 1 camera that followed each qualifier around the whole track on the same tracking each time.  There would no way to be able to do that during the race as it would look like mess w/more than 2 cars. 

Also, I'd say the exec. producer and director would not do that and tie up that 1 camera, as it regularly provides a certain video viewpoint in the race. Smiley Wink

Chris

Message 14 of 48

I don't think the 500 will be as crash filled, not nearly as many rookies racing today as yesterday.  The duals were pretty uneventful and I think the 500 will be the same.  It's pretty bad to get taken out by your own teammate.

Message 15 of 48
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support