YO U-VERSE GET NHL NETWORK BACK

Contributor

YO U-VERSE GET NHL NETWORK BACK

[ Edited ]

like for real u-verse come on all i want is nhl network it's been like what 3 years now and you know the world juniors start tomorrow and y'all lucky they're showing the team usa games on nhl.com but ya know i'd REALLY LIKE to watch them on my tv instead and watch some of the other games but NO at&t has to go cry about every channel 

i will be switching providers very soon if nhln doesn't come back my son cries about it everyday because that's all he wants dang i shoud've changed before

Message 1 of 17 (2,781 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: YO U-VERSE GET NHL NETWORK BACK

[ Edited ]

tooswag wrote:

like for real u-verse come on all i want is nhl network it's been like what 3 years now and you know the world juniors start tomorrow and y'all lucky they're showing the team usa games on nhl.com but ya know i'd REALLY LIKE to watch them on my tv instead and watch some of the other games but NO at&t has to go cry about every channel 

i will be switching providers very soon if nhln doesn't come back my son cries about it everyday because that's all he wants dang i shoud've changed before

YO!!!!!!!! Make your request here:    http://uversechannels.att.com/

I do not believe for one minute that you are a U-Verse subscriber. We have heard this all before. Today your son is crying every day because he cannot watch the NHL Network. A few months ago someone posted that his wife was hospitalized because U-Verse did not have a certain channel, which it did get shortly thereafter.

Your statement about AT&T crying about every channel was very confusing. Can you explain it?

There is no need to make threats about leaving. If you feel that is what you need to do, then do so. AT&T is not going to bring back the NHL Network just because you make a threat to leave.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 17 (2,720 Views)
ACE - Scholar

So funny.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 17 (2,653 Views)

[ Edited ]

I understand your frustrations OP. I think U-Verse should have let NHL be on the U-300 level same as MLB, NBA, and NFL like NHL Network wanted as to me hockey is just as legit a sport as the other three. But unfortunately they didn't see it that way. And dwinth is correct, threats to switch from U-Verse are not going to help any. We are all merely U-Verse subscribers. We cannot do anything to bring NHL Network back. As you said, it has been gone for a while now.  At this point, the likelihood of its return is probably low.  I would suggest subscribing to NHL Gamecenter and watching the NHL with a Roku or on a computer or tablet.

Message 4 of 17 (2,641 Views)
ACE - Professor

tooswag wrote:

You've continued to pay for the service for years after it was removed. That tells AT&T that channel isn't very important to you, and they will use that as evidence to keep insisting on lower prices for the content.

You've let you son cry for over 1000 days straight without making a change? Poor kid!

Message 5 of 17 (2,605 Views)
ACE - Professor

MicCheck wrote:

tooswag wrote:

You've continued to pay for the service for years after it was removed. That tells AT&T that channel isn't very important to you, and they will use that as evidence to keep insisting on lower prices for the content.

You've let you son cry for over 1000 days straight without making a change? Poor kid!

As usual, a one time one and done poster like tooswag refused to respond to the reply posts to his original post. At least his kid was not hospitalized for chronic crying like the other poster's wife was as a result of U-Verse not having a certain channel.

Message 6 of 17 (2,585 Views)
Tutor

This solution doesn't work if your local cable provider carries the NHL network. Gamecenter blocks the game in your area if it's available on the NHL channel with another local provider(cable). The NHL Network folks are attempting to force people to switch providers and hurt Uverse. It only hurts the consumer because AT&T didn't reduce the monthly subscription cost when they dropped the HNL channel.

Perhaps Stephenson and Bettman could leave their egos at the front door and think about the paying customer for once. After all AT&T's motto is "The Customer Rules". If Bettman put as much effort and money in negotiating an end to this stalemate as he did trying to keep a dead NHL franchise in Phoniex....

Message 7 of 17 (2,343 Views)
Scholar

NHL is the lowest rated sports in America behind Major League Soccer, you can watch NHL games on NBCSN or get a Roku and pay for a NHL subscription. I don't want to pay for another low rating network I don't watch.
Message 8 of 17 (2,311 Views)
Contributor

I agree with the frustration of not having the NHL Network available to us.  The World Juniors Championship in Hockey is going on and we cannot see it???!!!  This is a big event every Christmas and New Years. I have the U450 package, cell phone and lan line/internet  bundled together, and as a customer I would expect to have this channel available to me in the channel line up.

I called to Uverse to complain about this and I am close to switching back to Comcast.  There are plenty of other providers out there if Uverse cannot get a contract done with the NHL Network.  It is just to bad I cannot see the FINAL in the Championship.

Unhappy Customer

Message 9 of 17 (2,271 Views)
ACE - Professor

andresmanniste wrote:

I agree with the frustration of not having the NHL Network available to us.  The World Juniors Championship in Hockey is going on and we cannot see it???!!!  This is a big event every Christmas and New Years. I have the U450 package, cell phone and lan line/internet  bundled together, and as a customer I would expect to have this channel available to me in the channel line up.

I called to Uverse to complain about this and I am close to switching back to Comcast.  There are plenty of other providers out there if Uverse cannot get a contract done with the NHL Network.  It is just to bad I cannot see the FINAL in the Championship.

Unhappy Customer

The NHL Network has not been a part of the U-Verse lineup since October 1, 2011. Have you had U-Verse all along, and are just now threatening to leave U-Verse? Or, are you a new subscriber who did not check the channel lineup when you signed up?

Message 10 of 17 (2,265 Views)
Scholar

It shouldn't really surprise anyone that someone would just decide to leave NOW because of the lack of the NHL network. After all, at least in Columbus and I assume in most markets, Time Warner wasn't really competitive so you'd really be giving up a lot of function just to get hockey. Now that  Time Warner has become competitive with Whole House DVR, a larger DVR, faster Internet and competitive pricing etc..., you're not really giving up all that much any more and you're getting bonuses like subchannels, Start Over, a decent On-Demand offering etc... 

Competition - it's a wonderful thing!

Message 11 of 17 (2,229 Views)
Expert

marcindublin wrote:

It shouldn't really surprise anyone that someone would just decide to leave NOW because of the lack of the NHL network. After all, at least in Columbus and I assume in most markets, Time Warner wasn't really competitive so you'd really be giving up a lot of function just to get hockey. Now that  Time Warner has become competitive with Whole House DVR, a larger DVR, faster Internet and competitive pricing etc..., you're not really giving up all that much any more and you're getting bonuses like subchannels, Start Over, a decent On-Demand offering etc... 

Competition - it's a wonderful thing! 

We will miss you.  Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 17 (2,211 Views)
Contributor

BRING NHL NETWORK BACK

Come on Uverse Bring NHL Network Back !!!

Message 13 of 17 (1,600 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: BRING NHL NETWORK BACK

roggie wrote:

Come on Uverse Bring NHL Network Back !!!

Come on U-Verse, it is time to work my magic again so that roggie can get the NHL Network.

Bibbity, bobbity, boo! Bring back the NHL Network just for you!

I hope this works, and you can watch the NHL Network starting  tomorrow.

Message 14 of 17 (1,582 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

....people who are legitimately upset about not having something that seems popular enough to justify ? 

[Please keep it courteous]

Message 15 of 17 (1,474 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.