Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 3, 2013
2:01:42 AM
View profile
Xbox troubles with the U-verse modem

Starting to get a little annoyed here, I follow instructions to go to the Router/Gateway page and open ports vital to xbox live, and well it didnt solve a thing as my NAT type is still strict and now I'm limited to the amount of game servers I can join on various game titles. Help would be appreciated, and btw i'm running my Xbox through an ethernet cable that connects to my computer which is running wirelessly from the Gateway which is in the living room. This cannot be changed unless I can get techs out here to change where the Gateway can be connected as the only room the Gateway can plug into and get access from AT&T is that main room. Or I buy a really long unneeded ethernet cord to run from the one side of the house to the other plugging in my Xbox directly to the Gateway.

Starting to get a little annoyed here, I follow instructions to go to the Router/Gateway page and open ports vital to xbox live, and well it didnt solve a thing as my NAT type is still strict and now I'm limited to the amount of game servers I can join on various game titles. Help would be appreciated, and btw i'm running my Xbox through an ethernet cable that connects to my computer which is running wirelessly from the Gateway which is in the living room. This cannot be changed unless I can get techs out here to change where the Gateway can be connected as the only room the Gateway can plug into and get access from AT&T is that main room. Or I buy a really long unneeded ethernet cord to run from the one side of the house to the other plugging in my Xbox directly to the Gateway.

Xbox troubles with the U-verse modem

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 12:55:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Texasluck wrote:

... i'm running my Xbox through an ethernet cable that connects to my computer which is running wirelessly from the Gateway which is in the living room. ...

How are you getting the computer to route the packets between your XBOX and your RG?  Do you have ICS set up?  Does your computer have firewall software?  Have you set it to not block the ports?

Texasluck wrote:

... i'm running my Xbox through an ethernet cable that connects to my computer which is running wirelessly from the Gateway which is in the living room. ...

How are you getting the computer to route the packets between your XBOX and your RG?  Do you have ICS set up?  Does your computer have firewall software?  Have you set it to not block the ports?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Xbox troubles with the U-verse modem

2 of 5 (300 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 1:09:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Texasluck - Well, it is always nice when you can get something working for free. But, at some point the "un-needed" cat5 cable starts looking good. What is your price point?? - I see 50 ft for 6.11 @ monoprice.com.
Texasluck - Well, it is always nice when you can get something working for free. But, at some point the "un-needed" cat5 cable starts looking good. What is your price point?? - I see 50 ft for 6.11 @ monoprice.com.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (295 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 1:25:27 PM
(0)
Contributor
Dang, 50ft for 6$?! It must've been a long time ago when i last needed to buy a CAT5. I may end up doing that because I've screwed around all day doing the port forwarding options, shutting off windows firewall, I've got everything networked to the best of my ability, and it worked with the old AT&T DSL modem but just is stubborn with this new U-verse Gateway. But also I kinda thought the longer the cord the higher chances of bad connections
Dang, 50ft for 6$?! It must've been a long time ago when i last needed to buy a CAT5. I may end up doing that because I've screwed around all day doing the port forwarding options, shutting off windows firewall, I've got everything networked to the best of my ability, and it worked with the old AT&T DSL modem but just is stubborn with this new U-verse Gateway. But also I kinda thought the longer the cord the higher chances of bad connections

4 of 5 (288 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2013 2:17:00 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi Texasluck,

Just wanted to check in with you to see how it was going? I've ran into this issue before, and my suggestions would be to try to set your computer you are using to wireless connect your Xbox to DMZ mode in our router. If that still does not work, then you may need to either get another router and attach it to ours, and set it up with uPNP enabled, but that might not be the issue because it could be a problem with the connection between the computer and the Xbox. Finally, the other option would be the one suggested earlier, with running a direct Ethernet cable to the Xbox.

Please keep us posted, and if any other questions, let us know.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi Texasluck,

Just wanted to check in with you to see how it was going? I've ran into this issue before, and my suggestions would be to try to set your computer you are using to wireless connect your Xbox to DMZ mode in our router. If that still does not work, then you may need to either get another router and attach it to ours, and set it up with uPNP enabled, but that might not be the issue because it could be a problem with the connection between the computer and the Xbox. Finally, the other option would be the one suggested earlier, with running a direct Ethernet cable to the Xbox.

Please keep us posted, and if any other questions, let us know.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (243 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments