Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 22, 2013
7:50:39 AM
View profile
Wrong GeoLocation for uverse internet

Hello,

I got my uverse internet installed last Friday and it is connecting without any problems, however, my geolocation is wrong. Note that my service address is correct, it is just the internet geolocation that is wrong. I am being reported as being in wichita, KS or Richardson, TX. This greately affects some of the paid services i have since they are only avialable to certain areas and because of it is reported as wrong, they do not work.

I do not have have any VPN or proxies.

I am in downtown Houston. So far these are some of my paid services affected by this:

- NHL Center Ice

- MLB.tv

- MLS Soccer

- Aereo TV

- Playstation Network ( extremly long times to find a game because it is based on gelocation)

Any ideas on how to get this fixed..?

I called support, but they claim it is the first time they hear this... I call bollocks...

Thanks

Hello,

I got my uverse internet installed last Friday and it is connecting without any problems, however, my geolocation is wrong. Note that my service address is correct, it is just the internet geolocation that is wrong. I am being reported as being in wichita, KS or Richardson, TX. This greately affects some of the paid services i have since they are only avialable to certain areas and because of it is reported as wrong, they do not work.

I do not have have any VPN or proxies.

I am in downtown Houston. So far these are some of my paid services affected by this:

- NHL Center Ice

- MLB.tv

- MLS Soccer

- Aereo TV

- Playstation Network ( extremly long times to find a game because it is based on gelocation)

Any ideas on how to get this fixed..?

I called support, but they claim it is the first time they hear this... I call bollocks...

Thanks

Wrong GeoLocation for uverse internet

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2013 9:47:15 AM
(0)
Community Support
Edited by DavidCS on Nov 11, 2013 at 12:01:13 PM

Hi PToN22,

I apologize for the inconveniences. I have an active investigation looking into these types of issues, and I would definitely like to include you in this case. If you could  please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. 

Keep an eye on the at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi PToN22,

I apologize for the inconveniences. I have an active investigation looking into these types of issues, and I would definitely like to include you in this case. If you could  please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. 

Keep an eye on the at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Wrong GeoLocation for uverse internet

[ Edited ]
2 of 2 (741 Views)