Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 2, 2013
1:22:52 PM
Wrong DVR. Help!

Anyways, when he came to my house to install the service he told me he didn't have the DVR box that I was promised during the ordering phase of my service.  According to the person I talked to on the phone when ordering the service online (the person walked me through the online ordering process), they told me that because I was ordering the U300 TV package I was supposed to get the larger DVR capable of recording a lot more HDTV content than the older VIP1225 DVR box he had on the truck, specifically I was guaranteed to have that larger DVR box as part of the order.

From what I was told the newer DVRs was supposed to be the VIP2250 capable of recording up to 150 hours of HDTV and the matching VIP2200 non-DVR receiver.  That's the reason why I ordered the U300 TV package, to get the larger DVR.  I record a lot of HDTV content, way more than 36 hours!

Anyways, when he came to my house to install the service he told me he didn't have the DVR box that I was promised during the ordering phase of my service.  According to the person I talked to on the phone when ordering the service online (the person walked me through the online ordering process), they told me that because I was ordering the U300 TV package I was supposed to get the larger DVR capable of recording a lot more HDTV content than the older VIP1225 DVR box he had on the truck, specifically I was guaranteed to have that larger DVR box as part of the order.

From what I was told the newer DVRs was supposed to be the VIP2250 capable of recording up to 150 hours of HDTV and the matching VIP2200 non-DVR receiver.  That's the reason why I ordered the U300 TV package, to get the larger DVR.  I record a lot of HDTV content, way more than 36 hours!

The uversecare@att.com team, otherwise known as the uVerse Technical Support Miracle Workers.

Wrong DVR. Help!

16 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(16)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 2, 2013 8:22:06 PM
(0)
Employee
Not a good start to being a very satisfied customer....the u300 package is listed for a large DVD (1225 qualifies since 1216 is the small dvr.
The u450 package is the only package that specifically states on the order that the customer should receive a 2250, even then the tech can only install what is on his truck (if all he has is 1216,1225s then that is all he can install).

You claim you need more than 36 hours, GREAT the 1225 has OVER 61 hours of space for HD programming 25 extra hours. Does this meet that need...YES. Does it have the capabilities of the 2250 with 380 hours of SD or 139 hours of HD...NO.
However it does meet the rep claim that you be receiving the larger dvr as uverse recognise the 1225 as a large DVR, you may request an ungraded dvr (normal $50 charge) be shipped dire toy to you, install yourself and return original to ups store for shipping at company expense. This is the better way to get the 2250 desired, requesting a tech dispatch still leaves at mercy of whatever tech has on his truck, on pre call can ask tech if he has one if answer is no, request cancel and schedule another visit till you get one (how many times you want to talk to tier support), way easier to request item shipped.
Note: once installed a tech cannot just drop off one, needs a work order (requires tech dispatch, requiring phone or chat support) to account for inventory and serial numbers.
Hope this helps, feels like I just circled the wagons for a simple ?
Not a good start to being a very satisfied customer....the u300 package is listed for a large DVD (1225 qualifies since 1216 is the small dvr.
The u450 package is the only package that specifically states on the order that the customer should receive a 2250, even then the tech can only install what is on his truck (if all he has is 1216,1225s then that is all he can install).

You claim you need more than 36 hours, GREAT the 1225 has OVER 61 hours of space for HD programming 25 extra hours. Does this meet that need...YES. Does it have the capabilities of the 2250 with 380 hours of SD or 139 hours of HD...NO.
However it does meet the rep claim that you be receiving the larger dvr as uverse recognise the 1225 as a large DVR, you may request an ungraded dvr (normal $50 charge) be shipped dire toy to you, install yourself and return original to ups store for shipping at company expense. This is the better way to get the 2250 desired, requesting a tech dispatch still leaves at mercy of whatever tech has on his truck, on pre call can ask tech if he has one if answer is no, request cancel and schedule another visit till you get one (how many times you want to talk to tier support), way easier to request item shipped.
Note: once installed a tech cannot just drop off one, needs a work order (requires tech dispatch, requiring phone or chat support) to account for inventory and serial numbers.
Hope this helps, feels like I just circled the wagons for a simple ?
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Wrong DVR. Help!

2 of 17 (682 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 2, 2013 9:00:23 PM
(0)
Guru
I'm in contact with some people in the social network support group. They reached out to the garage supervisor and he said that the garage didn't have any in stock. It seems that the people in that special support group are going to try and get me an upgraded receiver since my package should have gotten that box as part of the installation.
I'm in contact with some people in the social network support group. They reached out to the garage supervisor and he said that the garage didn't have any in stock. It seems that the people in that special support group are going to try and get me an upgraded receiver since my package should have gotten that box as part of the installation.
The uversecare@att.com team, otherwise known as the uVerse Technical Support Miracle Workers.

3 of 17 (679 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2013 9:04:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by mibrnsurg on Jul 4, 2013 at 9:05:39 PM

Unluckily my thoughts was correct trparky, if you read online the larger DVRs are the 1225 and 2250, whatever is available is what you get on initial install. 

Hopefully Morgan, Sadath, David or Johnnie are helping to get the 2250, as I've worked w/all at the get social website. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Unluckily my thoughts was correct trparky, if you read online the larger DVRs are the 1225 and 2250, whatever is available is what you get on initial install. 

Hopefully Morgan, Sadath, David or Johnnie are helping to get the 2250, as I've worked w/all at the get social website. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 17 (637 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2013 9:20:44 PM
(0)
Guru
The local garage was out of the 2250. They are trying to get me the 2250.
The local garage was out of the 2250. They are trying to get me the 2250.

5 of 17 (627 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2013 3:10:57 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by cathy2981 on Jul 10, 2013 at 3:12:23 PM

I talked to some people at the [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information] phone number.  This is a number that's given out to people in very special situations and in order to use it you need to input a four digit code on the phone that's given out by Tier-2 Support.

Anyways, I talked to someone there and I explained the situation.  The sales department promised me the VIP2250 DVR when I signed up.  I know, laugh all you want, I believed them.  I'm such a fool.  Anyways, I told them that I wanted a setup comparable to what I had with TWC.  With TWC I had two DVRs each able to record up to 75 hours of HDTV content for a total of 150 hours.  Well, that's what I was promised by the sales people.  I'm such a fool for believing them.  Oh well.

Since I had to have a VIP1200 STB replaced due to an unrelated issue and that it had to come from somewhere in Memphis, TN I knew that they could ship receiver boxes from somewhere else other than my local area.  So I called the special number again and inputted my four digit code and explained how they shipped me a box from Memphis, TN to replace a bad VIP1200 STB that was overheating and asked if the agent could do the same with the DVR.  He said he would try.

That was yesterday, today I receive an email message stating that an order was placed under my account and what do I spy in the email message you ask.  The model number VIP2250YES!  Finally!

So I called up the special number again and confirmed that it is indeed the VIP2250 that they shipped to me.  I then proceeded to tell the agent that the people in her team were the only ones able to fix the issue and that they practically pulled off a miracle.

I talked to some people at the [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information] phone number.  This is a number that's given out to people in very special situations and in order to use it you need to input a four digit code on the phone that's given out by Tier-2 Support.

Anyways, I talked to someone there and I explained the situation.  The sales department promised me the VIP2250 DVR when I signed up.  I know, laugh all you want, I believed them.  I'm such a fool.  Anyways, I told them that I wanted a setup comparable to what I had with TWC.  With TWC I had two DVRs each able to record up to 75 hours of HDTV content for a total of 150 hours.  Well, that's what I was promised by the sales people.  I'm such a fool for believing them.  Oh well.

Since I had to have a VIP1200 STB replaced due to an unrelated issue and that it had to come from somewhere in Memphis, TN I knew that they could ship receiver boxes from somewhere else other than my local area.  So I called the special number again and inputted my four digit code and explained how they shipped me a box from Memphis, TN to replace a bad VIP1200 STB that was overheating and asked if the agent could do the same with the DVR.  He said he would try.

That was yesterday, today I receive an email message stating that an order was placed under my account and what do I spy in the email message you ask.  The model number VIP2250YES!  Finally!

So I called up the special number again and confirmed that it is indeed the VIP2250 that they shipped to me.  I then proceeded to tell the agent that the people in her team were the only ones able to fix the issue and that they practically pulled off a miracle.

[ Edited ]
6 of 17 (565 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 10:28:58 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by trparky on Jul 11, 2013 at 10:29:19 AM

Got my VIP2250 DVR box.  It may be my imagination but it seems like the picture quality is better on this box than the older DVR box.  The user interface does definitely react quicker, the guide pops up faster, the settings menu doesn't lag, etc.  Overall, the VIP2250 is better in a lot of ways.

Got my VIP2250 DVR box.  It may be my imagination but it seems like the picture quality is better on this box than the older DVR box.  The user interface does definitely react quicker, the guide pops up faster, the settings menu doesn't lag, etc.  Overall, the VIP2250 is better in a lot of ways.

[ Edited ]
7 of 17 (525 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 10:43:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
trparky - I agree. I just got one late yesterday afternoon. I see better picture and faster response.
trparky - I agree. I just got one late yesterday afternoon. I see better picture and faster response.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 17 (516 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 12:51:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Enjoy.Smiley Happy

Enjoy.Smiley Happy

9 of 17 (502 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2013 4:16:13 PM
(0)
Explorer

So do I take it from the post above that with a U300 package the VIP 1225 should be the standard install?

So do I take it from the post above that with a U300 package the VIP 1225 should be the standard install?

10 of 17 (436 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2013 4:47:11 PM
(0)
Guru
It appears to be but I fought it and got the DVR that the sales department promised to me.
It appears to be but I fought it and got the DVR that the sales department promised to me.

11 of 17 (431 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2013 5:08:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The information in the post above does not agree with what is stated on a U-verse website.  From the link below:

• Record up to 4 shows at once on a single DVR
  • Record and play back your shows from any room in your home
  • Pause, fast-forward and rewind live or recorded shows on any TV
  • Program your DVR from your wireless phone or computer1
  • HD-ready DVR with Total Home DVR service included with most plans
  • Store up to 422 hours of SD or 155 hours of HD content2

Total Home DVR functionality available for up to eight TVs and requires a receiver for each additional TV at $7 per month each.

1 Access to select content requires compatible device, qualifying U-verse TV plan or monthly subscription fee, and WiFi connection and/or cellular data connection. Available content may vary by device and/or U-verse TV subscription and is subject to change. Data charges may apply.

2 New AT&T U-verse TV customers ordering U300 or U450 are guaranteed the larger DVR. Upgrades for existing customers to the larger storage capacity DVR are subject to availability and additional fees.

http://www.att.com/u-verse/explore/total-home-dvr.jsp#fbid=Ev3QokN2jVm

The information in the post above does not agree with what is stated on a U-verse website.  From the link below:

• Record up to 4 shows at once on a single DVR
  • Record and play back your shows from any room in your home
  • Pause, fast-forward and rewind live or recorded shows on any TV
  • Program your DVR from your wireless phone or computer1
  • HD-ready DVR with Total Home DVR service included with most plans
  • Store up to 422 hours of SD or 155 hours of HD content2

Total Home DVR functionality available for up to eight TVs and requires a receiver for each additional TV at $7 per month each.

1 Access to select content requires compatible device, qualifying U-verse TV plan or monthly subscription fee, and WiFi connection and/or cellular data connection. Available content may vary by device and/or U-verse TV subscription and is subject to change. Data charges may apply.

2 New AT&T U-verse TV customers ordering U300 or U450 are guaranteed the larger DVR. Upgrades for existing customers to the larger storage capacity DVR are subject to availability and additional fees.

http://www.att.com/u-verse/explore/total-home-dvr.jsp#fbid=Ev3QokN2jVm

12 of 17 (426 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2013 5:12:55 PM
(0)
Explorer

Thank you, I was about to post a link to that. Is the VIP 2250 the model with 155 hours of HD recording?

Thank you, I was about to post a link to that. Is the VIP 2250 the model with 155 hours of HD recording?

13 of 17 (422 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2013 5:20:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yes

Yes

14 of 17 (416 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2013 5:46:34 PM
(0)
Explorer

Thanks again Tex!

Thanks again Tex!

15 of 17 (412 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2013 6:46:27 PM
(0)
Guru
According to uVerse Real Time it's more like 160 hours of HDTV programming.

16 of 17 (396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2013 7:11:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

trparky wrote:

I have personally loaded about 165 hrs of HD at one time on the DVR.

trparky wrote:

I have personally loaded about 165 hrs of HD at one time on the DVR.

17 of 17 (384 Views)