Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 29, 2013
4:02:40 PM
View profile
Worst experience in my life dealing with any type of retail business, ATT Megacell Store Midland, Mi

I recently went to ATT in Midland, Mi to start new service as there was a new ATT tower installed in my area. I told the salesman my exact situation, and that I may or may not return the phone depending on my service. I was told there would be a $35 restocking fee if I were to return it, so i went ahead and signed up. I also bought a Samsung Galaxy note and a Lifeproof case, which I told the salesman that I was not going to open either of the items so that I can return them if service didn't work for me at my new home. 

Well the service did not work in my area so I had to return the items.

They at first tried to charge me the $35 restocking fee for the phone PLUS $50 restocking fee for the tablet. He never mentioned to me there was a restocking fee for the tablet as well, which I told him I would not open so that I could return it if service didnt work at my house, he knew this as I mentioned it several times but never mentioned this restocking fee. At this point the sales staff began to mistreat me as a customer.

The manager heard me becoming upset and came over and said that if service didn't work that they would not charge the restocking fee. So they did not charge me for those, BUT would not refund the money for the unopened Lifeproof case, which I told the salesman I WOULD BE RETURNING if service did not work, he never mentioned to me at that time they did not refund money for accessories. 

So they charged me $80 for a Lifeproof case for a Samsung Galaxy S4 that was never opened or used. 

They were very rude to me and made me feel as if my business was not important to them or your company. I have never been treated this bad by a business ever in my life. I will be cancelling my home service with your company of many years as a result of this and will start service with another company. 

I felt as if they were scamming me and stealing from me the money I paid for the Lifeproof case. I do plan to consult an attorney as this has been a very bad experience and I do not feel that I should pay for an item that was not used and not opened as they never mentioned to em that was their policy to rip people off. I will also contact the BBB and file a complaint there.

I recently went to ATT in Midland, Mi to start new service as there was a new ATT tower installed in my area. I told the salesman my exact situation, and that I may or may not return the phone depending on my service. I was told there would be a $35 restocking fee if I were to return it, so i went ahead and signed up. I also bought a Samsung Galaxy note and a Lifeproof case, which I told the salesman that I was not going to open either of the items so that I can return them if service didn't work for me at my new home. 

Well the service did not work in my area so I had to return the items.

They at first tried to charge me the $35 restocking fee for the phone PLUS $50 restocking fee for the tablet. He never mentioned to me there was a restocking fee for the tablet as well, which I told him I would not open so that I could return it if service didnt work at my house, he knew this as I mentioned it several times but never mentioned this restocking fee. At this point the sales staff began to mistreat me as a customer.

The manager heard me becoming upset and came over and said that if service didn't work that they would not charge the restocking fee. So they did not charge me for those, BUT would not refund the money for the unopened Lifeproof case, which I told the salesman I WOULD BE RETURNING if service did not work, he never mentioned to me at that time they did not refund money for accessories. 

So they charged me $80 for a Lifeproof case for a Samsung Galaxy S4 that was never opened or used. 

They were very rude to me and made me feel as if my business was not important to them or your company. I have never been treated this bad by a business ever in my life. I will be cancelling my home service with your company of many years as a result of this and will start service with another company. 

I felt as if they were scamming me and stealing from me the money I paid for the Lifeproof case. I do plan to consult an attorney as this has been a very bad experience and I do not feel that I should pay for an item that was not used and not opened as they never mentioned to em that was their policy to rip people off. I will also contact the BBB and file a complaint there.

Worst experience in my life dealing with any type of retail business, ATT Megacell Store Midland, Mi

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2013 5:18:00 PM
(0)
Employee

Hey incrediblehook73,

Wow! To be honest, I hadn't even known some of the return fees myself.

You're most certainly right, that representative should have reviewed that with you, especially given that you told him there was a good chance that could happen.

For better or worse, he wasn't wrong about the fees portion.

The store usually has something like this on the recipet or on the wall somewhere

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/returnpolicy.html#fbid=XcktHc8zDUU?tab2

Now that's our corporate store information. Unfortuanetly, I'm actually not seeing a corporate location in Midland. It's much harder to moderate or manage issues relating to that.

I don't know, but I suspect, your best path of action would be to write in to the address at the bottom of the bill, and make sure you include the store address.

-Alex

Hey incrediblehook73,

Wow! To be honest, I hadn't even known some of the return fees myself.

You're most certainly right, that representative should have reviewed that with you, especially given that you told him there was a good chance that could happen.

For better or worse, he wasn't wrong about the fees portion.

The store usually has something like this on the recipet or on the wall somewhere

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/returnpolicy.html#fbid=XcktHc8zDUU?tab2

Now that's our corporate store information. Unfortuanetly, I'm actually not seeing a corporate location in Midland. It's much harder to moderate or manage issues relating to that.

I don't know, but I suspect, your best path of action would be to write in to the address at the bottom of the bill, and make sure you include the store address.

-Alex

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Worst experience in my life dealing with any type of retail business, ATT Megacell Store Midland

2 of 3 (553 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 6:34:18 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, incrediblehook73!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience at one of our stores. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can investigate further.

How many days did you have the Lifeproof case in your possession? In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. If you happen to have the address of the store you visited, that would be helpful. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, incrediblehook73!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience at one of our stores. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can investigate further.

How many days did you have the Lifeproof case in your possession? In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. If you happen to have the address of the store you visited, that would be helpful. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Re: Worst experience in my life dealing with any type of retail business, ATT Megacell Store Midland

3 of 3 (458 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments