Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 9, 2013
5:33:01 AM
View profile
Wireless receiver no HD light

So spent an hour and a half last night with support, and no answer for this yet. Ordered a wireless receiver, it came in friday with a set up time after 8pm last night. At 9pm i had to call because it was saying set top box did not match accounbt settings. After 45 min, they finally got it added.

After that it did a software update, the model is ISB7500. I am able to watch TV, but there is no blue HD light. I am using an HDMI cable, the aspect ratio on the wireess receiver is set to 1080i. The picture is better on the HD channels than on SD, but the DVR box which i have not moved yet and placed right next to it, has better picture quality, and the HD light is on.

So spent an hour and a half last night with support, and no answer for this yet. Ordered a wireless receiver, it came in friday with a set up time after 8pm last night. At 9pm i had to call because it was saying set top box did not match accounbt settings. After 45 min, they finally got it added.

After that it did a software update, the model is ISB7500. I am able to watch TV, but there is no blue HD light. I am using an HDMI cable, the aspect ratio on the wireess receiver is set to 1080i. The picture is better on the HD channels than on SD, but the DVR box which i have not moved yet and placed right next to it, has better picture quality, and the HD light is on.

Wireless receiver no HD light

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2013 6:20:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
jnsalgood - When using HDMI it controls the setting.
Try component cables - At least try setting the aspect to HD without the HDMI cable connected to the STB. Disconnect the cable at the STB & set the the aspect to SD then HD
You are going to swap the STB with the DVR to see what it does on the TV that you know works??
What kind of TV is it?
jnsalgood - When using HDMI it controls the setting.
Try component cables - At least try setting the aspect to HD without the HDMI cable connected to the STB. Disconnect the cable at the STB & set the the aspect to SD then HD
You are going to swap the STB with the DVR to see what it does on the TV that you know works??
What kind of TV is it?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Wireless receiver no HD light

2 of 5 (860 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2013 7:38:44 AM
(0)
Contributor

Have used both HDMI and the component cables with no luck. The DVR right now is right next to the wireless, hooked it up to the same TV to test, it gets HD with component and HDMI. When i called ATT&T ithe wireless was originally hooked up with component, and they told me to change it to HDMI, but no luck either way. The light blinks when rebooting so i know the light works, wondering if there is an internal issue with the box.

The TV is a Panasonic 50PX60U

The cables used are what the DVR was hooked up with previously, so I know they are fine

All other boxes in the house have HD light active

Tried on another tv that is HD compatible and no light.

Have used both HDMI and the component cables with no luck. The DVR right now is right next to the wireless, hooked it up to the same TV to test, it gets HD with component and HDMI. When i called ATT&T ithe wireless was originally hooked up with component, and they told me to change it to HDMI, but no luck either way. The light blinks when rebooting so i know the light works, wondering if there is an internal issue with the box.

The TV is a Panasonic 50PX60U

The cables used are what the DVR was hooked up with previously, so I know they are fine

All other boxes in the house have HD light active

Tried on another tv that is HD compatible and no light.

3 of 5 (849 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2013 11:51:20 AM
(0)
Scholar

Similar issue here with ISB7005 wireless reciever.

Whether on or off, HDMI, component or COAX, the blue light never goes off.

After contacting customer service and going through their troubleshooting steps I came to the conclusion that the reciever is possessed. But, since the reciever is giving me excellent picture quality on all channels I can live with the idiosyncrasy.

After contacting customer service and going through their troubleshooting steps I came to the conclusion that the reciever is possessed. But, since the reciever is giving me excellent picture quality on all channels I can live with the idiosyncrasy.

4 of 5 (814 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2013 7:40:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Don_H wrote:

Sounds like you have the opposite, not the same, issue as the OP.  His issue is that the blue light never comes on.

Don_H wrote:

Sounds like you have the opposite, not the same, issue as the OP.  His issue is that the blue light never comes on.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (780 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments