Wireless STB set-up error

Contributor

Wireless STB set-up error

I was supposed to set up my wireless set top box yesterday, I was unable to.  I tried to set it up this evening and I keep getting the message "the set top box does not match the account settings".  Is anyone able to assist with this?

Message 1 of 5 (299 Views)
Employee

Re: Wireless STB set-up error

Did this receiver ever work? Or did you order a wireless receiver and just now trying to use?

Either way, your receiver is no longer assigned to your account, in receiving error message your box is locked out and needs to be cleaned from misconfigured status before can be used. Unplug receiver, call 800 number to have set top box scrubbed clean. When told please plug box in and follow on screen instructions to activate your wireless receiver.

If Additional information needed, please post again. Thanks.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (298 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you!!

Message 3 of 5 (295 Views)
Contributor

...and it was a new receiver, just ordered...
Message 4 of 5 (294 Views)
Employee

Hello jlston65,

Just checking up on your post. Are you still getting the "set top box does not match the account settings" error message on your box? If so, please let me know and I'll be glad to help you get this resolved. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS

- ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 5 (255 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.